NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello, new person here! (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/183539-hello-person.html)

MeAndPD 02-05-2013 12:00 PM

Hello, new person here!

Hi, my name is Brian and I was diagnosed with PD in 2011 - no big deal and I'm 60 so I can't complain! Symptoms started around 2008 but little did I know back then.

I live in the San Francisco bay area, hang out at some local support groups and the Sunnyvale Parkinson's Institute where I'm participating in the MJFF Parkinson's Permanent Marker Initiative (PPMI) study. Lots of fun and I get a free DatScan.

I'm not taking meds and am exploring so called complementary and alternative medicines and practices (CAM). Doing some qigong, tai chi, meditation etc. Heavy drugs are last resort.

Follow me on twitter @MeAndPD

Best Regards,
Brian

Rrae 02-05-2013 03:09 PM

Hello Brian!

Welcome to NT! :hug:

This is such a wonderful place for support and understanding!
People here really care and the atmosphere is very down-to-earth, kicked back and people are easy to talk to! :)

Make yourself right at home! I see you've been finding your way around just fine!

It's great to have you!

Rae
:grouphug:

MelodyL 02-05-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeAndPD (Post 954426)
Hi, my name is Brian and I was diagnosed with PD in 2011 - no big deal and I'm 60 so I can't complain! Symptoms started around 2008 but little did I know back then.

I live in the San Francisco bay area, hang out at some local support groups and the Sunnyvale Parkinson's Institute where I'm participating in the MJFF Parkinson's Permanent Marker Initiative (PPMI) study. Lots of fun and I get a free DatScan.

I'm not taking meds and am exploring so called complementary and alternative medicines and practices (CAM). Doing some qigong, tai chi, meditation etc. Heavy drugs are last resort.

Follow me on twitter @MeAndPD

Best Regards,
Brian

Hey there Brian: Welcome to Neurotalk. I hope your journey into alternative meds proves fruitful.

All the best.

Melody

(Broken Wings) 02-06-2013 12:38 AM

Hey,

Glad you came to NT to share your story.

I don't know what qigong is.

Keep us up to date on your trials and new meds.

There's a lot of info here on our PD forum.

Take care...

Darlene 02-06-2013 01:32 AM

Nice to meet you!!

Brian,

:Wave-Hello: It is great to have you come and be with us. You will fine a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

Please keep us up to date on your situation. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray: