NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   supplements for fatigue? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/183553-supplements-fatigue.html)

jprinz99 02-05-2013 04:46 PM

supplements for fatigue?

what is the stuff many take for fatigue that is a bunch of supplements? I am honestly too lazy and tired to search thru old messages. I want to say it sounded like L-carnitine or something?

If you know could you please post what and how much/how often to take as I need to do something...

thanks

putterfit 02-06-2013 02:57 PM

Jane,

I cannot give you any info on L-carintine but that is what some old MSW friends had recommended and were using to help with their fatigue.

Mike

Sparky10 02-06-2013 11:17 PM

Some people take a combination of acetyl L carnitine and alpha lipoic acid (ALA/ALC). I don't know that dosage either. I take oil of oregano gelcaps. They only come in one strength that I know of, and I take 2 a day, in the morning. I almost never nap. Can sure feel if I miss my dose!

jprinz99 02-08-2013 09:32 AM

Just purchased a bottle of Acetyl L-Carnitine (500mg) combined with alpha Lipoic Acid (200mg). The advisor, and most of what had been written in truted sites, says to take 2 tabs a day.

Does that mean 1tab in the AM & 1tab PM or 2 tabs all at once? Does it matter??

Will let you know how it works for me. Thanks for the help all!

Sparky10 02-08-2013 10:24 AM

If it's to help keep you awake, I wouldn't take any later than maybe noon. Good luck, hope it helps! Let us know.

putterfit 02-10-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky10 (Post 955379)
If it's to help keep you awake, I wouldn't take any later than maybe noon. Good luck, hope it helps! Let us know.

Jane,

I would have to agree with Sparky on this not only keeping you awake but if you get additional energy from the supplement. For me with the Provigil I take both tabs in the morning rather than the way they were originally prescribed. You should have a good idea after you have been taking them a bit. The length of time will depend upon how your body reacts to meds but then again you know that.:D

Mike

jprinz99 02-11-2013 09:49 AM

You guys are great- seems such common sense advice --- apparently my addled brain couldn't think of this on my own :confused::D

Am taking one tab each AM for the next week(as I am going out of town and dont want to risk anything odd). Then will go to 2tabs every AM.

Again- thanks for such clear, simple and quick advice:grouphug:

SallyC 02-11-2013 11:24 AM

And don't forget about Evening Primrose Oil.:)

jprinz99 02-11-2013 11:48 AM

what is that for- making me smell yummy to the DH?

SallyC 02-11-2013 12:48 PM

It's one of those MS cure alls..:rolleyes::D