NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   is this a MS symptom? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/183650-ms-symptom.html)

Synnove 02-07-2013 12:08 PM

is this a MS symptom?

Hello to all the very wise and kind members on this board. I have seen a lot of good advises and information.
I have this ( almong many others) symptom: For about 1 1/2 year now. It feels like a very fine vibration, almost like an fine electric shock vibration and fine tingeling. Some times I have described it to doctors as internal tremors. At first I used to feel this especially when I got very exhausted and tired. Some times when I got home after a long 12 hours work day. And often it keeps me up the whole night without sleep. This vibration/tremors has become much worse in the last few months. I feel it in my head, down whole chest and back area, and down legs, mostly left leg. In the last couple of months, I can feel this fine vibration at all times. Question: Is this a MS symptom??

SallyC 02-07-2013 12:33 PM

You could be talking about the L'hermittes syndrum,
and yes it is a symptom of MS. It can also be a
symptom of other Diseases as well, though.

I hope you feel better soon..:hug:

tkrik 02-07-2013 12:37 PM

Welcome to NT!

Tremors can be a sign of MS as can the vibrations you are experiencing.

Synnove 02-07-2013 01:43 PM

is this a MS SYMPTOM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 955084)
You could be talking about the L'hermittes syndrum,
and yes it is a symptom of MS. It can also be a
symptom of other Diseases as well, though.

I hope you feel better soon..:hug:

Thankyou SallyC. Is the L'hermittes symptom something that is there continously? As I said, I have had this for a long time. Now, for the last 6 months I also have had burning, started in inner thigh, with numbness in lower part of legs. Now the burning pain is all over body with numbness in mostly feet, but also wrists. Rheumatologist has prescribed first Neurontin, now Lyrica with better relief. She thinks it mighr beesmall fiber neuropathy. I have tested negative for Sjogren's and Scleroderms, and some other autoimmune disorders. All blood tests are negative.
So, I am wondering now, that I in addition also have this peripheral neuropathy, could this vibrating/tremorous feeling bee something of the same. Perhaps I have some CNS neuropathy. I also have bladder problems. The neurologist calls if neurogenic bladder. and started me on Enablex.
I told the neurologist this. I have not had a spinal tap yet. The problems started with vertigo and headaches and visual scotomas. Had MRI showed demyelating lesions suspecious of MS. I am getting worried, because this vibrating inside is scary. I will be going to a special neurologist next month that specializes in neuropathy, and I will be seeing another neurologist that specializes in MS. So I will pray that the doctors find out what is wrong.

NurseNancy 02-07-2013 03:47 PM

i hope you get the answers you need. it sounds like you have all the right appts lined up to get answers.

when my MS sx's 1st started in my leg i could only describe it as an electrical shock type sensation.

my advice as always is to start a medical file on yourself. that means start getting copies of all your test results including mri's. all your subsequent drs will want to see this. it will save them time and save you from duplicating tests.

not all sx's may be MS related. so ruling other illnesses out is also important.
good luck and keep us posted.

Erin524 02-07-2013 08:08 PM

For me, L'hermittes comes and goes. Not there all the time for me. Just sometimes when I have a lot of MS things going on, it'll sneak in and add to all the symptoms that might be harassing me.