NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   I would like your opinion...... (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/184119-opinion.html)

peacheysncream 02-17-2013 06:58 AM

I would like your opinion......

I am 35 this year I have 1 child who is 2 1/2. My husband and I would like 4 in total. I feel like I am in a really good place at the moment mentally.
My energy is low but if I pace well I prevent collapses.

If my next scans are clear (MRI and EEG), we would like to have another baby this year.

However I do not want to be set back dramatically. But at the same time I do not want to leave getting pregnant too long. I have read posts about noise toleration not being great with PCS but I am also concerned about having a C-section.

Will my PCS be affected by an operation like that with possible anesthesia useage? I do not want to ever experience labour again. My last birth was 34 hrs, the epidural didn't work and 4 weeks later I nearly died because someone had left placenta inside me and I bled out at home. So a C-section is my only option.

Brain patch 02-17-2013 10:19 AM

You are going to have to decide this

As you are the only one who knows how hurt you are, you are going to have to decide this. I don't know how well you function but if it ends up putting more work on your spouse, you will find yourself divorced. Personally, getting pregnant would be the end of me now. The hormone changes alone would drive me to suicide. Of course, I am barely coping. No relationship has survived my disability. I can only leave the house for short time and usually end up overwhelmed and embarrassed because I need to go back home. Maybe you are recovered and this would be great for you but I am advising no. Sorry, you asked and that is my best advise girlfriend.

SmilinEyesMs305 02-17-2013 05:13 PM

I would send a private message to some of the long timers here. I have not had to have surgery since this experience, (thank goodness!). So I don't have an answer, but I know other people have had complications with anethsia.

As for whether you are ready, that is something only you know. If you are struggling with your 18 month old, think about potty training and a new baby. However, if you are handling caretaking just fine, than it might be something you would handle fine. You are the only one who would know. Perhaps talk to your doctor and your OBGYN to see what their suggestions are. That way you will have their opinions too. I do know that my nephew, who was born 6 months prior to my accident has been a Godsend for my depression when I am able to keep up with him! :)

Mark in Idaho 02-17-2013 05:31 PM

Having been there for all three of my wife's C-Sections, you do not need general anesthesia for a C-Section. There are spinal anesthesia protocols that do not effect the brain. The worst problem is a need to lay flat on your back for 8 to 12 hours to avoid spinal head aches with some. Not a big problem.

So, get the thermometer out and have some unspontaneous activity. LOL

Mokey 02-18-2013 12:58 AM

I had a quasi general anesthesia (spelling!!) six months post injury and it was fine for me. Everyone is different.

Babies give life too. Four will be hard work! Why not start with 2!