NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   How many total prescriptions are you on?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/184734-total-prescriptions.html)

Natalie8 03-01-2013 02:47 AM

How many total prescriptions are you on??

Do you sometimes feel like you are on SO many medications? My husband and I laugh when we travel and I have a giant bag of pill bottles I carry on the plane (never check in my luggage) -- I think it's now up to 8 or 9 prescriptions, some used only as needed.

But sometimes I hate being on all of these drugs, especially when I recall a previous life of NO prescriptions and complete health!

When is the number just too much? I feel like I am a walking pharmacy! And then I wonder what the long term affects are. :confused: Then I think well yikes, I look like a serious pill popper! :eek:

What about you guys?

Snoopy 03-01-2013 06:12 AM

I am on one (1) prescription medication and I take that on an as needed basis.

I take quite a few vitamins/supplements and feel like I run a home vitamin store :eek: ;)

When is the number of prescription medications considered too much?
That's something only you and your doctor can answer :hug:

Judy2 03-01-2013 07:14 AM

:eek:Nine prescriptions every day along with two Aleve.:(:eek:

freeinhou 03-01-2013 08:15 AM

3 prescriptions - all for high blood pressure. Plus a multi-vitamin and an aspirin every day.

Tom

Kitty 03-01-2013 08:21 AM

Two prescription meds plus a boatload of supplements/vitamins.

JENNIEO 03-01-2013 08:22 AM

I do feel like I am on sooo many things - when I was first diagnosed, the meds I was given made me feel so loopy, and being a newbie I just thought "crap - this is what my life is going to be like with MS?"! The thing is, once I figured out that the meds were the issue and stopped some of them, I felt so much better. I do take a big handful of stuff every day still , much of it is supplements. No more strong neurontin (200mg instead, 3x a day), no more Lyrica at all - didn't tolerate that well, Copaxone, Vitamin D, Omegas, multivitamin, plus other stuff for non-MS problems. Just realized my nice little weekly pill box is really not big enough. :)
-------
JennieO
MS dxd 8.4.2008
Copaxone since 9.2008

ginnie 03-01-2013 08:28 AM

Hi

[Seven scripts, and a host of vitamines. Have hernia in throat, each pill is hard to swallow. I hate all of it. ginnie

Debbie D 03-01-2013 09:35 AM

hmmm...let me count...9 prescriptions, 5 supplements...but a total of 19 pills daily and one injection daily.

tkrik 03-01-2013 10:24 AM

I am down to 4 prescriptions (one of which is vitamin D which I'll be done with in a couple of weeks). I also take a multivitamin every day.

ANNagain 03-01-2013 11:20 AM

Eight Rx's.

Ibuprofen and ice to R knee.

Heat to L neck spasms.
ANN :(