NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Arthritis (https://www.neurotalk.org/arthritis/)
-   -   Lots of cracking going on! (https://www.neurotalk.org/arthritis/185177-lots-cracking.html)

Pegasus* 03-09-2013 04:56 PM

Lots of cracking going on!

Since starting meloxicam I have found it a little easier to get up in the morning but I have found there is a whole lot of cracking going on! I rolled from my side to my back and the cracking woke me up! It's kind of great to be able to stretch in the morning but there is a mass of, crack, crack, crack! Sounds awful, feels good! :)

Leesa 03-17-2013 05:33 AM

YIKES? Hi Pegasus! Do you have osteo or Rheumatoid? I have the osteoarthritis, and while I haven't paid attention to any cracking, I'm sure I do. All I know is it's mighty difficult getting up in the morning. :eek: And I TRIED to pick up a gallon of milk yesterday -- and i darn near dropped it on the floor before I quickly grabbed it with the other hand. Seems my right hand has it worse than the left. :rolleyes: BOY does that hurt. lol

My mother never told me that getting old would hurt this bad. :mad: Maybe she thought I'd slit my throat?:confused:

Anyway --- have a good crack! Love, Lee

Pegasus* 03-17-2013 06:54 AM

Hi Lee! :)

I have rheumatoid arthritis and I'm 44 so I feel cheated somehow getting this! Yes getting up in the morning is the worst, never was good at that, even worse now, at least I have a good excuse! Looking at your list in your sig line, wow, you have been through a lot! Thanks for your reply. :hug:

MiaVita2012 03-25-2013 10:40 PM

I Can Relate

I am still in my 30's and they said I have rheumatoid arthritis in C6 & C7 and bulging from C1-C5 and my jaw has started popping.I wake to cracking as well.What do you take or do for this?Am I going to be a hunch back:mad:

Pegasus* 03-26-2013 02:16 PM

They put me on Meloxicam which is an anti - inflammatory, it takes the edge off the pain and stiffness. I have to take my time getting up in the morning and try to keep moving in the daytime. It seems when I stop and rest, then I seize up again. I'm seeing the doc again soon but the next step from the anti inflammatory drugs is disease modifying drugs and I don't like the sound of that.

Pegasus* 03-27-2013 07:58 AM

I've been to the doc and she's given me Zapain (codeine phosphate/paracetamol 30mg/500mg) which is the strongest dose I can have! But the thing is the doc was really nice and she listened and I could see she really felt for me. So now I have the meloxicam and zapain, surely this will do the trick! The next stage from this is chemo drugs and I don't fancy that at all! Doc says it's not just my joints, it involves my whole system so I need to watch what I am doing. I need to keep exercising and she recommended getting some fish oil capsules too. Ok, I do feel relieved that the doc listened to me, big sigh of relief, painkillers get to work now!