NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Just fell down the stairs (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/185572-fell-stairs.html)

Lui 03-17-2013 03:41 PM

Just fell down the stairs

Actually wanted to avoid the forum but like you can read in he caption I fell down the stairs today. I don't know how I managed to do that. I bumped my head just a little, I am more worried about the shock waves that hit my brain when I fell on both my knees and hands then the little bump.
having a bad headache right now, head pressure and really bad flashes of light and loud ear ringing! I could cry. Things just got a little bit better.
What should I do, did i concussed myself again??

sospan 03-17-2013 03:55 PM

Sorry you joined the club.

I fell down the stairs before Christmas. Hit my head at least three times and got carted off on a spine board to the hospital.

To be honest can't say what damage you may have done (if any) but it set me back quite a bit.

Hopefully you won't be too impacted and your plan to recovery will continue

cyclecrash 03-17-2013 04:11 PM

Lui I'm so sorry to hear you've had this happen!! I hit my head really hard in the fridge today. Must be a day for injuries! I don't think anyone will be able to tell you whether this will set you back or not. Time will tell. Just try not to get anxious or worried about it because we all know that that WILL make you worse.

Not knowing how hard you fell down the stairs, I should mention that if you have any new or extreme symptoms come up or anything you are at all concerned about you should go to the emergency. Hitting your head a second time while still recovering from the first one isn't good.

Hope you feel better soon.

CC

MiaVita2012 03-17-2013 04:20 PM

My suggestion

I suggest you think positive and try to go about your day unless you get bad symptoms.What you think of it psychologically you will make it(my 2 cents)If anything get some ice and aleve for a little bit and start a craft or something(try to block it out of mind):hug:

Lui 03-17-2013 04:21 PM

My headache is almost gone but the headpressure and all that other stuff is still there plus my knees are bleeding...urgh.
The stairs are not too big but it was quiet a fall.:mad:
Really worried, my brain is really sensitive. ****!

Lui 03-17-2013 05:22 PM

ok, i think i am lucky this time. just some increased symptoms left. took my supplements, drank a lot of grape juice and water and gonna take it easy today. should not throw me back hopefully!:)

Mark in Idaho 03-17-2013 05:38 PM

Ouch,

My first concussion was from falling down stairs. Actually, it wasn't from falling down the stairs. It was from the sudden stop at the landing. Got a big goose egg on my forehead.

I suggest you lay down and ice the back of your neck. You likely got a bit of whiplash. I bet your neck will be a bit stiff by morning.

My best to you.

Lui 03-17-2013 05:52 PM

yes, it hurts and i am really apathic. more than usual. but it will bring me nothing to worry about