NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Am I a Fool? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/18604-am-fool.html)

befuddled2 04-30-2007 04:06 PM

Am I a Fool?

I just gave my neighbor some broccoli casserole and another card I made for him. He seemed talkative enough. He'll be taking kemo again starting this week. He let me know he'll be sick as a dog. I'm wondering if I am making a fool out of myself for bringing him food and cards. He kept the 1st card I made him 2 weeks ago. I hope he likes the broccolie casserole. He told me he liked the card I made for him. I stood outside and talked to him because he didn't invite me in. He was sitting outside. I'm gonna miss him when he starts kemo and is too sick to visit.

befuddled2

Jomar 04-30-2007 05:35 PM

There's nothing foolish about being a friend. It may become more or it may just stay at friend.
Either way if he is a nice person it's always good to have a nice friend.

hurtsobad73 04-30-2007 05:44 PM

Love your neighbor as yourself...

A commandment that was given to us by Jesus. The second greatest commandment at that. So never feel foolish about being neighborly. How much better the world would be if we had neighbors like you. I know that my street looks out for one another and I would never think on moving and my neighbors have said the same. We are a street with couples who have toddlers, a couple where the wife has had a # of back surgeries, a young lady who just went through a divorce and is now living on her own, etc. So we watch each others back. The way neighbors should be.

Thank you for being neighborly, it makes the world a better place.

M

Pamster 04-30-2007 06:29 PM

I agree with the other two here befuddled2, nothing is wrong with how nicely you want to reach out to him, he told you after all he'd be sick and doesn't want you to see him like that. So just wish him well and be there for the times he wants to visit and know that you're brightening his day a little too. :)

One of my favorite poems I wrote is called

Kindness Never Fades...

Life is full of stages.
Infancy, childhood and teenage.
Becoming an adult.
Steering clear of cults.

Learning where you fit in.
Keeping clear of beer and gin.
Learning what not to smoke.
And when to laugh at jokes.

Learning to be kind to others.
Learning how to be the best lover.
Picking out your kind of clothes.
Taking care of yourself from head to toes.

Remembering life is very short.
Trying not to end yours in court.
Life is for living so live it full.
Everyone's life should be wonderful.

Remember death comes for us all.
No matter how we try to stall.
So enjoy the Earth in all its' grace.
To each person you greet wear a smile on your face.

It could brighten their day.
And the memory of kindness never fades.

10-19-90

I hope by sharing it I comfort you a little bit, I definitely think you're doing the right thing brightening up Doug's day. I hope he gets better. :)

DiMarie 04-30-2007 09:42 PM

Fret

Hi BF,
I will say a prayer that Doug does not have difficulty with the chemo. I hope he is up to having a friend and tries to at least give you an update or thumbs up and you will be fretting and concerned over his battle.

As he does not make it seem like he is not interested, I would take it to mean he likes having a friend too! He is likely preparing you that he is not ignoring you with being chemo sick, but not in a visiting moode with a head haning over a procilian bowel.

Be strong, keep hiom close in your heart and prayers,
Di

befuddled2 04-30-2007 10:19 PM

Thank everyone. I plan to give Doug my phone number to call me in case he needs some one during his upcoming kemo.

befuddled2

moose53 04-30-2007 10:30 PM

((((((Bee)))))),

You've gotten some real good advice.

My son and I believe that your steps are guided by The Universe to where you need to go next. Sometimes you have to go through another experience because you still have something to learn, sometimes the next experience will have you in the position of 'teacher', and sometimes-sometimes *YOU* -- the wonderful, caring, supportive *YOU* -- comes along just in time for someone who needs a friend.

Don't worry so much about doing the "right" thing, sugar. Just do what your heart tells you to do. You're a very good and kind and caring person. Your instincts can't help but be the same.

BIG HUGS.

Barb :hug:

BJ 05-01-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
I don't remember who wrote this BF or where I heard it but follow your heart has always been one thing I try to do. Sometimes it hurts but there are a lot of good people out there. You're a kind, caring person and I think deep down he knows this. Maybe he's just a bit shy. :wink:

Nikko 05-01-2007 11:45 AM

I agree with everyone. You have a heart of gold and you are being a wonderful friend.

Nikko:)

Just Jacquie 05-02-2007 11:54 AM

I agree w/ everyone who has posted and given you some wonderful advice and things to think about. He's going to be going through chemo. I'm sure he's scared and not looking forward to it, so your cards are a pleasant distraction (and your visits, too!) When you give him your number, there's nothing wrong with asking for his (unless you already have it!). If you haven't seen him or heard from him for any period of time, you could be able to ease your mind by giving him a call to check up on him and make sure that he's okay.

Take care! Jacquie