NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Arthritis (https://www.neurotalk.org/arthritis/)
-   -   Just full of Arthiritis (https://www.neurotalk.org/arthritis/186376-arthiritis.html)

cindylou_38 04-04-2013 04:50 AM

Just full of Arthiritis

I am so full of it, its had to tell what aches, Arthritis or fybro or chronic pain. Seems like it never ending.:rolleyes:

inchronicpain 04-04-2013 11:12 PM

i hear that

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindylou_38 (Post 971834)
I am so full of it, its had to tell what aches, Arthritis or fybro or chronic pain. Seems like it never ending.:rolleyes:

i hear that rose hugs :hug:

Leesa 04-05-2013 12:07 PM

I'm sorry Cindy --- there are tests to determine if it's arthritis or not. Blood tests can determine if it's rheumatoid arthritis. Usually X-rays or an MRI can determine if it's Osteoarthritis. If it's neither one of those, it's probably Fibro. And that's better than having arthritis, which can be crippling. :eek:

I've got osteoarthritis & Fibro. ick. LOL Take care Cindy & God bless.

cindylou_38 04-05-2013 04:39 PM

Thank you Leah and Leesa. yeah knees and ankles are osteoarthritis, hip I forget. But it is on the Mri. Its one of those , you just hurt all over and not surd where to point the finger . Thank you both for your concerns.:)

prissytail02 10-24-2013 09:33 PM

aches and pain

Quote:

I know what you mean it seems like there is no ending to anything. Going to the docs, taking medicine I'm tired of the runner around

mcmars 01-31-2014 02:07 AM

you got da rheuma, fibro, thyroid blues

Quote:

Let's try some humor for your pain, sometimes some laughter is the best medicine I can find for my chronic pain when nothing else works.

So a week after my back fusion surgery 3 years ago after many painful semi sleepless and pain medicated nights, I am dreaming that I am at a Blues musical workshop just like I used to do when I was in my 20's, you know, everyone singing and performing songs for each other. Except not only is everyone singing, but also everyone is also speaking and talking w each other in metered rhyme, and there a loud pervasive blues bass beat happening, like a heartbeat Bizarre, so next thing in the dream, I see myself singing and performing this song for everyone. I sing,
I said, Doctor, Doctor...
I'm hurting from head to toe....
my gut is so swollen,
I just don't know where to go.

(chorus)
She says, "you got da blues....
You got the rheuma, fibro, thyroid blues
You got da blues, you got da blues,
you got da rhuema, fibro thyroid blues.

My doctor she gives me a pill,
I tell her I'm still hurting so bad,
She says its up to me to keep from feeling so so sad.

Chorus

I had da blues,
I had da rheuma, fibro, thyroid blues,
I had da blues, I had da blues
I had those rheuma, fibro, thyroid blues.

2 more verses, but you have to tune in tomorrow night for more.

No kidding, I woke from my dream and found paper and pen and wrote down the song I dreamt while in a horrific pain induced state. So now, if I am in a bunch of pain and funk, I sing a few verses and it always makes me laugh and laughing is good for feel good endorphins, so it helps me feel better. The song has a happy ending,BTW, most blues songs do.

BTW, how is your thyroid? Mine would jump from hypo to hyper in a matter of months, make me feel like a yoyo, and would impact my pain levels a bunch. Lots of docs miss this one. My doc added cytomel to my daily synthroid so I get both t3 and t4. Now for a year, my tsh levels hover right around 1.0 TSH which my doc says is optimal and I feel better and my weight does not go up and down.

Hope I made you laugh.
I hope you are feeling

Synnove 01-31-2014 09:07 PM

mcmars, that was a realy nice song. We should all sing more often.
Synnove

Dr. Smith 02-02-2014 12:10 PM

There's a song—Baby I Love You—that runs during the credits of the movie Slither that I think should be the love song/anthem :sing: for any kind of chronic pain. It always gets me chuckling/guffawing because it's so succinct. We've been known to sing a few bars on bad days... :p

DISCLAIMER: Language some may find objectionable/offensive :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE-7IP6e6d8

Doc

renee welch 08-15-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leesa (Post 972254)
I'm sorry Cindy --- there are tests to determine if it's arthritis or not. Blood tests can determine if it's rheumatoid arthritis. Usually X-rays or an MRI can determine if it's Osteoarthritis. If it's neither one of those, it's probably Fibro. And that's better than having arthritis, which can be crippling. :eek:

I've got osteoarthritis & Fibro. ick. LOL Take care Cindy & God bless.

Wow you have been through it. I hope things are going better for you now.

Bob-pa 02-02-2015 11:29 PM

Have Arthritis In All My Parts

Know what you mean, I have "A" all over, the doctor told me that it's in both my shoulders, both my knees, my hands and my neck. I have been told there is no cure and that I should just take pain killers. But I don't want to spend the rest of my life (aged 59) on pills.