NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Living with Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/186377-living-chronic-pain.html)

cindylou_38 04-04-2013 05:09 AM

Living with Chronic Pain

I had an accident in 2006 where a 50 lbs wooden skid fell against my left leg, causing an instant massive hematoma. It was xrays and not broken or fractured. I was going for a scope a few weeks later and my Surgeon aspirated the hematoma during the scope of the right knee. I have issues with my left leg since the accident. Swelling, numbness cold. dead leg feeling.

inchronicpain 04-04-2013 09:36 PM

so sorry rose i know its sucks

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindylou_38 (Post 971838)
I had an accident in 2006 where a 50 lbs wooden skid fell against my left leg, causing an instant massive hematoma. It was xrays and not broken or fractured. I was going for a scope a few weeks later and my Surgeon aspirated the hematoma during the scope of the right knee. I have issues with my left leg since the accident. Swelling, numbness cold. dead leg feeling.

so sorry rose i know its sucks how you doing and when do you hear from the neve test you had done

Leesa 04-05-2013 12:03 PM

Obviously you have some nerve damage going on there. Did you have some nerve tests? Do you have the results from them?

What does the doctor say about the swelling? It's been a LONG time since the accident. It should NOT be swelling due to THAT. Not unless something is wrong. :confused: I don't understand why it would still be swelling in just that ONE leg. :confused: What does your doctor say about that?

Haven't you had any tingling or burning in that leg AT ALL? That would indicate that the nerves were trying to heal.

Talk to your doctor about it, and see what he says. God bless & please let us know. Maybe we can do some research for you. Take care. Hugs, Lee

cindylou_38 04-05-2013 04:46 PM

I just had a EMG test done April 1. It was done by the orthipitic surgeon.. I have l4 l5 s1 herniated. When he heard I had an accident with my left leg he wantex to order this tezt.and thats all they did was the left leg. So I go back onthe 16 of this month to bet results, not sure if surgery will be happening..

pete81241 04-05-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindylou_38 (Post 971838)

hi...im here...thought you were somebody i know....lol

pete81241 04-05-2013 07:08 PM

hi

hi rose....i'm filling out form to join and a question they asked was who was fourth president. i couldnt remember so took forever to join....pal pete

cindylou_38 04-06-2013 07:23 AM

Pete I had to google it. I am so happy to see you here.

cindylou_38 04-21-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leesa (Post 972252)
Obviously you have some nerve damage going on there. Did you have some nerve tests? Do you have the results from them?

What does the doctor say about the swelling? It's been a LONG time since the accident. It should NOT be swelling due to THAT. Not unless something is wrong. :confused: I don't understand why it would still be swelling in just that ONE leg. :confused: What does your doctor say about that?

Haven't you had any tingling or burning in that leg AT ALL? That would indicate that the nerves were trying to heal.

Talk to your doctor about it, and see what he says. God bless & please let us know. Maybe we can do some research for you. Take care. Hugs, Lee

I got my results back and there was no nerve damage to the left leg, thats all he tested. He is not doing surgery to my spine. Even though L4 L5 and S1 are herniated. His comment was to come ba k when jts worst.
Sellen has been there since April 17 2006 when I had my left leg accident. But not the ankles on both feel and legs are swolle. I found out recently the ankles are full of Rhumitory arthritis.
Not sure now if my feet and hands are from fyrobromalga or it it the pheriferal neropathy. I am fed up..

inchronicpain 04-21-2013 03:12 PM

omg rose so sorry your going through that

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindylou_38 (Post 977007)
I got my results back and there was no nerve damage to the left leg, thats all he tested. He is not doing surgery to my spine. Even though L4 L5 and S1 are herniated. His comment was to come ba k when jts worst.
Sellen has been there since April 17 2006 when I had my left leg accident. But not the ankles on both feel and legs are swolle. I found out recently the ankles are full of Rhumitory arthritis.
Not sure now if my feet and hands are from fyrobromalga or it it the pheriferal neropathy. I am fed up..

omg rose so sorry your going through that i had my nerve test done and i should know something maybe tomorrow or tueday about whats going on with me i had mine done on thurday

isabel7 08-08-2013 06:49 AM

I too am suffering chronic pain in my lower back. I also have fibroids and am trying to work out whether the uterine fibroids are causing the low back pain or whether there is another cause. I have had lumbar spine xrays and an mri scan which shows some disc degeneration. Am now having physio which has not helped yet. have been reading about fibroid pain,
but remain confused. How do you work out if a large fibroid is causing lumbar back pain or not?:confused: