NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Lowered Antidepressant~Need Feedback~ (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/186423-lowered-antidepressant-feedback.html)

MiaVita2012 04-04-2013 05:12 PM

Lowered Antidepressant~Need Feedback~

Well I got my lovely antidepressant lowered. I have never been on antidepressants till now so I am experiencing some side effects and I need a little feedback from people that had been threw this. I had demanded my Pristiq 100mg to be lowered because I had just got it raised about 2weeks ago. When it got raised it lowered my physical activity back to NOTHING STATUS.

Now I am on day 2 of Pristiq 50mg and I am dizzy, headache, cannot really focus eyes, insomnia, fatigue, and lackadaisical.

Is this going to go away once it get's to therapeutic level?I kind of feel back to square one with PCS symptoms, I was told it is the change in medication. Any feedback is appreciated by people that have experience with Antidepressant's. I greatly appreciate it.:grouphug:

Concussion 04-04-2013 09:10 PM

Hi.

You may be going through some Pristiq Withdrawal symptoms.

Pristiq uses, side effects, Withdrawal link.

CrazyMeds Pristiq link.

You might check with your doc for some extra support while decreasing the dosing.

Stacyrose 04-04-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concussion (Post 972077)
Hi.

You may be going through some Pristiq Withdrawal symptoms.

Pristiq uses, side effects, Withdrawal link.

CrazyMeds Pristiq link.

You might check with your doc for some extra support while decreasing the dosing.

I
I agree... I think it sounds like withdrawal symptoms too. Perhaps they were decreased too much. Have you called your doctor yet? Hope you start to feel better soon.

MiaVita2012 04-05-2013 07:55 AM

Thank You

I was having a hard time with to much stimulation of looking at computer along with ice pick headaches etc.I am on Day 3 now and I slept last night on my sleep schedule and I am feeling 80% better.Thank you for the support and the links.I was not able to look up myself.I appreciate it.:grouphug:

Brain patch 04-05-2013 11:15 AM

Hope your feeling better soon Mia. If you need to-call your doctor and see if cutting down a little slower would help. A drop of 50mg is a lot all at once. I bet you are not feeling good at all. Hang in there. Should level out soon.
Brain :hug:

MiaVita2012 04-06-2013 08:40 PM

Hooray!!!

Friends I made it threw the crazy dosage drop! I am feeling a lot better and not stuck in any crazy relapse or withdraw anymore:cool:

Brain patch 04-06-2013 09:47 PM

YEAH!!!! So happy you are feeling better. Good job for just getting through it. Your tough.

Concussion 04-07-2013 12:17 PM

Good for you.. :D

:grouphug:

MiaVita2012 04-07-2013 07:21 PM

Since That is Over!!!

I did not want to think about it while I was trying to get threw that horrible 5days of withdraw.But HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THE PSYCHIATRIST DROP MY DOSAGE LIKE THAT?WHY is it that Effexor was not applied instead of a 50MG jump?Now I am starting to feel like a case study?After that experience and realizing that I am feeling "trapped" in antidepressant, I decided it is slowly over time to get OFF THEM!:mad:

Brain patch 04-07-2013 09:48 PM

I was wondering the same thing myself. I think that was very irresponsible of your doctor. Dropping by 50mg cold turkey is not the way to do it. I hope you don't try that method again. The way that is recommended by doctors and the drug manufacturer is to slowly drop the dose by no more than 5 percent for two weeks and then drop again by 5 percent for two weeks and so on until you are off the medication. That was insane to do to you. I hope you are out of the woods with withdrawl but I am not sure you are. I noticed the worst problems came after 4-5 days when stopping cold turkey like that. Be sure to keep monitoring how you are feeling.