NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Double Vision (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/186516-double-vision.html)

mcfaddencmk 04-06-2013 04:10 PM

Double Vision

My vision get worse all the time. If I close one eye the other wont open. does anyone wake up in the morning with your eyes so puffy..like you been crying all night?

cait24 04-06-2013 06:21 PM

My face is very puffy in the morning. I attribute it to the fact that I am pretty much in the same position most of the night because it is difficult to turn over with the muscle weakness.

Are your muscles so weak that you can't turn over in bed? If so, it could just be a positional thing causing the blood to pool a bit.

kathie

mcfaddencmk 04-06-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cait24 (Post 972585)
My face is very puffy in the morning. I attribute it to the fact that I am pretty much in the same position most of the night because it is difficult to turn over with the muscle weakness.

Are your muscles so weak that you can't turn over in bed? If so, it could just be a positional thing causing the blood to pool a bit.

kathie

Hi Kathie, Oh.... so bad that I sleep on the sofa for years because I cant turn over without holding on to the back of the sofa. Plus I have a horrible back pain, leg pain and suffer from headaches daily. So I'm up and down all night generally sleep about 1hr or so then awake again this goes on all night. Thanks for helping me with this. I does make sense. Carol

cait24 04-06-2013 08:53 PM

Carol, I find a recliner easier for those nights I have trouble making it up the stairs. Keeping my head higher helps with breathing issues too.

I see you are a new member. Welcome to the group. How long have you had MG and have you found any successful treatments yet?

kathie

mcfaddencmk 04-07-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cait24 (Post 972618)
Carol, I find a recliner easier for those nights I have trouble making it up the stairs. Keeping my head higher helps with breathing issues too.

I see you are a new member. Welcome to the group. How long have you had MG and have you found any successful treatments yet?

kathie

On record since 2009. But I had issues well before then. I have so many issues. have a brain tumor on right cerebellar (meningioma) 2009 it was found small thou
was 6mm and now 9mm as of 8-11-2011. Haven't had another MRI. Plus 3 Lesion on thoracic Vertebre. Now they found some lesion on my liver. I was supposed to have another scan in Jan. but my husband got laid off, no insurance. He does now have a new job. But that wont take for 3 months from now. Along with spinal stenosis of cervical, thoracic and lumber. My Dr. currently is not doing anything about MG. Trying to keep pain under control with my back and headaches.

mcfaddencmk 04-07-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfaddencmk (Post 972740)
On record since 2009. But I had issues well before then. I have so many issues. have a brain tumor on right cerebellar (meningioma) 2009 it was found small thou
was 6mm and now 9mm as of 8-11-2011. Haven't had another MRI. Plus 3 Lesion on thoracic Vertebre. Now they found some lesion on my liver. I was supposed to have another scan in Jan. but my husband got laid off, no insurance. He does now have a new job. But that wont take for 3 months from now. Along with spinal stenosis of cervical, thoracic and lumber. My Dr. currently is not doing anything about MG. Trying to keep pain under control with my back and headaches.

Thanks for welcoming:)

cait24 04-07-2013 11:25 AM

What kind of treatment plan does your doctor have for the MG?

kathie

mcfaddencmk 04-07-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cait24 (Post 972744)
What kind of treatment plan does your doctor have for the MG?

kathie

I have a new dr. due to not having insurance I only met with him last month. So we haven't covered a whole lot yet. due to see him in about a month.