NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Update (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/186549-update.html)

samp 04-07-2013 02:26 PM

Update

I spoke to the SSD judges secretary who I went in front of on Thursday. She informed me my decision is in and they are writing it up and to call her on Monday and she can tell me on the phone what the decision is. I want to share this because I had my hearing on 3/18/2013 and the decision is in, and my attorney told me 30 to 90 days so everyone who is waiting on a decision or a hearing PRAY about it. It always works for me.

LIT LOVE 04-07-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samp (Post 972802)
I spoke to the SSD judges secretary who I went in front of on Thursday. She informed me my decision is in and they are writing it up and to call her on Monday and she can tell me on the phone what the decision is. I want to share this because I had my hearing on 3/18/2013 and the decision is in, and my attorney told me 30 to 90 days so everyone who is waiting on a decision or a hearing PRAY about it. It always works for me.

I believe they generally won't tell you that you've been denied over the phone...

I was told I had been approved (twice) by someone when calling the national 800#, so there is a good reason for the policies about making applicants wait to see it in writing.

It sure sounds like you could get positive news though (and it'll be correct coming from that source!)

Mz Migraine 04-08-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samp (Post 972802)
She informed me my decision is in and they are writing it up and to call her on Monday and she can tell me on the phone what the decision is.

http://warmchocolatehoney.com/images/smilies/faint.gif You got an angel sitting on your shoulder!

don1956 04-08-2013 10:49 AM

they made me wait that long to .i know how it feels.i got your back:hug::hug:

finz 04-09-2013 02:52 AM

You've got my prayers :hug:

samp 04-09-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 972837)
I believe they generally won't tell you that you've been denied over the phone...

I was told I had been approved (twice) by someone when calling the national 800#, so there is a good reason for the policies about making applicants wait to see it in writing.

It sure sounds like you could get positive news though (and it'll be correct coming from that source!)

I called today and they told me over the phone I have a fully favorable decision so you were right. Thanks.

samp 04-09-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mz Migraine (Post 973048)
http://warmchocolatehoney.com/images/smilies/faint.gif You got an angel sitting on your shoulder!

I believe that I do along with some Saints on my side. I won it is a fully favorable decision.

Ironbutterfly 04-09-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samp (Post 973453)
I believe that I do along with some Saints on my side. I won it is a fully favorable decision.

We got our letter 10 days after hearing; then the $$ showed up the next day. It was quick even though our lawyer said it could take up to 30 days. We were shocked it went so fast. Things don't normally go easy for us, always an snafu it seems for anything....but not this time. Perhaps it had to do with the fact hubby and I prayed in the car out in the parking lot before going before the Judge..and I had prayed for long time for the Lord's blessing over it all...regardless of outcome.

Just my 2 cents:wink:

samp 04-10-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly (Post 973511)
We got our letter 10 days after hearing; then the $$ showed up the next day. It was quick even though our lawyer said it could take up to 30 days. We were shocked it went so fast. Things don't normally go easy for us, always an snafu it seems for anything....but not this time. Perhaps it had to do with the fact hubby and I prayed in the car out in the parking lot before going before the Judge..and I had prayed for long time for the Lord's blessing over it all...regardless of outcome.

Just my 2 cents:wink:

Did SSD ask for your information about bank account? The SSD worker told me they will send me a check first and then give me time to establish direct deposit. I don't know if it is true because someone else told me I had to have it to get my money.

Ironbutterfly 04-10-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samp (Post 973845)
Did SSD ask for your information about bank account? The SSD worker told me they will send me a check first and then give me time to establish direct deposit. I don't know if it is true because someone else told me I had to have it to get my money.

We sent in a blank voided check when we did our application, that is what the instructions said to do. So lump sum was deposited into checking account.