NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   Blood Blister close to extraction site 3 weeks later? (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/186720-blood-blister-close-extraction-site-3-weeks.html)

canchick 04-10-2013 12:49 PM

Blood Blister close to extraction site 3 weeks later?

I had my wisdom teeth extracted close to a month ago. Everything seems fine and then I developed an infection. The infection was cleared up with anti-biotics. Since then I have had sensitive gums supposedly from my teeth shifting after removal. A couple of days ago I noticed a dark red spot almost looks like a blood blister by the extraction site in my mouth. It is pretty difficult to see since it is far back in my mouth. It doesn't hurt but feels rough if I rub my tongue on it. Also if I gently rub my toothbrush of the gum its like little hairlike pieces come off. Not sure If I should be doing this or what it is? I really hope its nothing to serious.

Bryanna 04-10-2013 03:25 PM

Hi canchick,

I am not sure what you are describing as it could be any number of things. But because you had developed an infection post op the surgery, I would suggest that you see your oral surgeon for a diagnosis.

Please let us know what he says..
Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by canchick (Post 973791)
I had my wisdom teeth extracted close to a month ago. Everything seems fine and then I developed an infection. The infection was cleared up with anti-biotics. Since then I have had sensitive gums supposedly from my teeth shifting after removal. A couple of days ago I noticed a dark red spot almost looks like a blood blister by the extraction site in my mouth. It is pretty difficult to see since it is far back in my mouth. It doesn't hurt but feels rough if I rub my tongue on it. Also if I gently rub my toothbrush of the gum its like little hairlike pieces come off. Not sure If I should be doing this or what it is? I really hope its nothing to serious.

oliviariesgo 03-07-2016 08:47 PM

Blood Blisters after Oral Surgery

I had my wisdom teeth removed a few weeks ago, got an infection as well and began seeing blood blisters in the back near the extraction site. I went to the doctor and he explained it was a microscopic piece of stitching left over which was irritating my skin leaving a blister. I was prescribed a kind of mouthwash with antibiotics in it and have to take it until the blisters stop coming.

Bryanna 03-08-2016 08:19 PM

oliviariesgo,

Did you see the dentist or a physician?

If there is a suture that is irritating the tissue to the point that you are developing blisters, then the suture needs to be removed.

However, your description of the "blisters" sounds like a possible herpes outbreak. Are you prone to herpes sores or canker sores in your mouth?

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliviariesgo (Post 1203106)
I had my wisdom teeth removed a few weeks ago, got an infection as well and began seeing blood blisters in the back near the extraction site. I went to the doctor and he explained it was a microscopic piece of stitching left over which was irritating my skin leaving a blister. I was prescribed a kind of mouthwash with antibiotics in it and have to take it until the blisters stop coming.