NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   ADL form (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/186925-adl-form.html)

LiveLoveandTrust 04-13-2013 10:27 PM

ADL form

How does anyone complete one of these? I've sat down trying to do it a dozen times now. Sometimes I just stare at it. Sometimes I can get some work done but I know it's not everything. The questions just don't ask the right things and I know I've forgotten lots of things or not explained things well then I can't remember what it is that I need to say. I lack the energy to do this thing then I worry that it's going to end up screwing me. Then I reread it and find all sorts of grammar and spelling mistakes :-( I wish I could just go in and talk with them, I feel like that would be a lot easier. Now I'm worried that what I write will come back and bite me in the butt in future appeals and that I'm not writing enough but I just don't have the energy and they want it within 14 days! How can they expect anyone with most disabilities to be able to do this?!

fbodgrl 04-16-2013 05:14 PM

Not sure what the ADL form is. I'm sorry you are having difficulty though.

I is it the activity form that is several pages? If so I had a rough time as well. I didn't complete it in the time they said. It took me a bit longer. I actually wrote it somewhere on the form why it took longer.

LiveLoveandTrust 04-16-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodgrl (Post 975731)
Not sure what the ADL form is. I'm sorry you are having difficulty though.

I is it the activity form that is several pages? If so I had a rough time as well. I didn't complete it in the time they said. It took me a bit longer. I actually wrote it somewhere on the form why it took longer.

Yep, the activities of daily living form. I hope this is the worst one I have to fill out :-( I'm going to look at it one more time tonight, add a few more things in because I keep feeling like I'm missing something then print it out and send it hoping that I did it well enough that it gets the point across.

finz 04-18-2013 12:00 AM

I'd definitely recommend typing it on a computer and printing it out when you finally finish with it.....and DEFINITELY explain why you had to type the answers out, and if you had to have it proofread or used spellcheck.

LiveLoveandTrust 04-18-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 976130)
I'd definitely recommend typing it on a computer and printing it out when you finally finish with it.....and DEFINITELY explain why you had to type the answers out, and if you had to have it proofread or used spellcheck.

Thank you for the advice! Yes, I had to type it because I can't write that much. It's easier to keep flow of thoughts while typing because I can do that well- I just have to be reclined with my lap top to do it! I haven't had the energy to go back and proofread it yet but I have GOT to do it soon.