NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   CRPS on TV (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/187474-crps-tv.html)

kbarrett 04-24-2013 05:00 PM

CRPS on TV

I don't know how many people on here are from Britain or can catch British TV online, but tonight's episode of 24 Hours in A&E on Channel 4briefly shows a doctor who suffered from CRPS for two years. About 25 mins in, he talks about the effect it had on him, such as being housebound due to being unable to wear trousers.

I've never seen mention on it on TV, so it was good to see something mentioned, albeit briefly.

Brambledog 04-25-2013 03:44 PM

Thanks so much for picking up on this! I don't really like all the gore and panic of the A&E type thing, so haven't been watching it...

So nice and RARE! to find someone talking on tv about CRPS, especially a doctor of all people. Just such a shame that he didn't get the chance to say how he is able to be working and (apparently) normal again considering he was housebound and unable to wear trousers for two years because of it. He certainly talked about it like someone who knows what bad pain and disability is now. What treatment did he have, or did the condition just go into remission?

Oh I wish I could ask him!!!

Bram.

kbarrett 04-25-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brambledog (Post 978340)
Thanks so much for picking up on this! I don't really like all the gore and panic of the A&E type thing, so haven't been watching it...

So nice and RARE! to find someone talking on tv about CRPS, especially a doctor of all people. Just such a shame that he didn't get the chance to say how he is able to be working and (apparently) normal again considering he was housebound and unable to wear trousers for two years because of it. He certainly talked about it like someone who knows what bad pain and disability is now. What treatment did he have, or did the condition just go into remission?

Oh I wish I could ask him!!!

Bram.

Ironically, I only recorded this to watch when I can't sleep due to the pain!

As you say, so many questions to ask, but sadly this wasn't the focus of the programme.

Brambledog 04-26-2013 04:08 AM

Sadly, it never IS the focus of anything on TV, radio or any other medium...

Maybe We should all be writing to Horizon on the BBC, or Dispatches on Ch4, and pestering them to look at CRPS - I'm sure it would make an interesting and thought-provoking programme for non-sufferers too. After all, most don't know the risks involved in neglecting their physio after a fracture for instance. We know that not everyone who has CRPS has it because they didn't do physio, but we know that you increase your chance of getting it if you do....

I might try it....:)

Bram.