NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Weird (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/187845-weird.html)

tkayewade 05-02-2013 02:34 AM

Weird

I had a seizure last week which has brought new med tests out of the woodwork, one being the lack of reflexes in either leg. One didn't seem too bad to me. Also, does anyone have pain like someone is pulling or yanking your Achilles out of your foot. My feet are starting to do that, along with all the other pain, burning and sting of rsd. Ugh. Anyone else?

TK

Djhasty 05-02-2013 03:40 AM

Yeah. I have had similar trouble. I haven't had reflexes in either leg for quite some time. It alarmed my Internist. My Neurologist sticks it in with my CRPS. I also had Achilles surgery on both ankles. Actually I had major reconstructive surgery on both and my feet after they curled up from the CRPS. My case was pretty drastic. I am hoping yours is not as severe and that it can be corrected with proper PT.

Sorry for your pain. Having CRPS/RSD, you certainly don't need added pain. Unfortunately it sounds as though you need another trip to the Doctor and soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkayewade (Post 979995)
I had a seizure last week which has brought new med tests out of the woodwork, one being the lack of reflexes in either leg. One didn't seem too bad to me. Also, does anyone have pain like someone is pulling or yanking your Achilles out of your foot. My feet are starting to do that, along with all the other pain, burning and sting of rsd. Ugh. Anyone else?

TK

mollymoo123 05-02-2013 09:01 AM

Interesting that you bring this up because Im having a CT scan tomorrow to check for any problems in my lower back and legs because my left leg has delayed reflex. My PT wants to rule out an underying problem that has caused CRPS to go into my leg. I started with CRPS in my left arm. I have had sciatica before, but in my right side and this is currently my "Good leg". There was a definite diffrence in the reflex of my left leg that confused the PT who deals with a few other cases of CRPS. We are just checking to see if there is something else going on before putting it all down to CRPS spread.

I think I also know what you mean by the pulling of the tendon. Im also feeling it in the toes of both feet. almost as if they are being pulled so they curl to the side. I also find that my ankel feels like its locked by the pulling of the Archilies.

So I am normal after all!!!! LOL
I would love to hear what your lack of reflex is put down to. Ill try to remember to let you know how I go tomorrow.

mollymoo123 05-07-2013 06:14 AM

I got the results of my CT scan today and it showed nothing that was causing my symptoms. So it looks like its CRPS spread to my legs thats causing me to have delayed reaction in my leg.