NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   SSD payment update (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/188125-ssd-payment-update.html)

samp 05-07-2013 11:01 AM

SSD payment update

I wanted to update everyone on my ssd payment update. I was on here asking questions about my back pay and payment center. Well they mailed a check to me this morning for my back pay and I can now to the SSA.gov log in and give them my bank information. It was 29 days exact from my decision letter to get my money mailed out. Just would like to let people know that in certain times ssd does in fact mail a check. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the help if I can help anyone I sure will try.:)

Mz Migraine 05-07-2013 11:57 AM

http://www.gilmerfreepress.net/image...nsAnimated.gif

mknewlife24 05-07-2013 03:02 PM

SSD Payment

Quote:

Originally Posted by samp (Post 981445)
I wanted to update everyone on my ssd payment update. I was on here asking questions about my back pay and payment center. Well they mailed a check to me this morning for my back pay and I can now to the SSA.gov log in and give them my bank information. It was 29 days exact from my decision letter to get my money mailed out. Just would like to let people know that in certain times ssd does in fact mail a check. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the help if I can help anyone I sure will try.:)

Ok.. I have been all over the internet and have read about a million different stories regarding when you receive your back pay and first monthly payment after receiving a FULLY FAVORABLE decision. My fully favorable decision is dated April 25th... I probably received it on April 31 or May 1..... WHEN CAN I EXPECT PAYMENT?????? I have seen everything from days to months... does anyone have recent experience and can answer??? I have direct deposit. Thank you so much.

LIT LOVE 05-07-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknewlife24 (Post 981521)
Ok.. I have been all over the internet and have read about a million different stories regarding when you receive your back pay and first monthly payment after receiving a FULLY FAVORABLE decision. My fully favorable decision is dated April 25th... I probably received it on April 31 or May 1..... WHEN CAN I EXPECT PAYMENT?????? I have seen everything from days to months... does anyone have recent experience and can answer??? I have direct deposit. Thank you so much.

Are there any complications such as offsets, such as WC or public aid?

Is it a very large amount?

Both those issues can delay things.

I think it took 6 months to get my first monthly benefit. Getting the backpay took intervention from my local Senator's staff help--and it was a year. My son's benefit on my record took 3 years. It was crazy.

Mine was complicated though, and not typical.

samp 05-08-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

I received my decision letter on the 15th of April but the judge made the decision on April 8th so that is the date they went by. They issued my check on May 7th and they only have 60 days but they told me it never takes that long. Call the 800 # or log in to SSA.Gov website and you can check yourself everyday.Good luck.

samp 05-08-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIT LOVE (Post 981588)
Are there any complications such as offsets, such as WC or public aid?

Is it a very large amount? It is not a 20,000 amount but I did have a WC offset and it only took 30 days.

Both those issues can delay things.

I think it took 6 months to get my first monthly benefit. Getting the backpay took intervention from my local Senator's staff help--and it was a year. My son's benefit on my record took 3 years. It was crazy.

Mine was complicated though, and not typical.

My amount was a little over 10,000 and yes I had a offset. I received workers compensation and it still only took 30 days.

samp 05-08-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Also with direct deposit they will put it right into your account so you will not have to wait for a check to come. I think you will have it within 30 days your best bet is to create an account at ssa.gov and check everyday.

LIT LOVE 05-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samp (Post 981744)
My amount was a little over 10,000 and yes I had a offset. I received workers compensation and it still only took 30 days.

There were multiple issues with mine. I had a previous Partially Favorable Decision. WC that stopped and started. And my amount was several times that amount, which required additional approval. My son's they clearly just kept ignoring and stringing us along to be patient, but it wasn't urgent for us, so it wasn't an issue.