NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Ms hug - abdominal area? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/188380-ms-hug-abdominal.html)

sheila2 05-12-2013 11:29 AM

Ms hug - abdominal area?

Hi all,
I have read that Ms hug often occurs in the chest area/ or abdominal area.

I am wondering if it is possible to have it in all abdominal area? stomach, under that as well?

The first time I experienced it i thought it might be hormonal changes due to period time. But I continued to experience it in different occasions.

I have had classic symptoms of Ms for a while too.

Thanks for thoughts in advance!

SallyC 05-12-2013 12:14 PM

Hi Sheila, I remember my hug was more in the abdominal area..not the chest.

Erin524 05-12-2013 12:42 PM

I've had the Hug around my ribs before, but lately mine has been in the abdominal area. Below the navel, and above...another area... Sometimes it goes into that...other area. It'll also wrap around the back, at the same level of below the navel area. I can kind of feel it right on top of my hips. Makes my low back feel weak, and also makes my back hurt.

Feels like the most uncomfortable belt ever produced. Plus, I get numbness along with it. It's probably one of the more annoying sensations I've gotten from the MS. It makes me hate wearing clothing sometimes because of all the weird sensation.

KittyLady 05-12-2013 03:42 PM

MS hug can get you all over. I get it in my abdomen, around the ribs that stretch around to my back and can settle between my shoulder blades. Some have felt it even around the legs.

clarkstar 05-12-2013 05:30 PM

My MS hug is not on the chest area, it is lower abdomen. Makes it difficult to evacuate bowels etc...

Kitty 05-12-2013 05:50 PM

I get the hug in the ribcage area. I get pain in my sides and back. Makes it hard to get a good deep breath. Just like MS - everybody has their own individual case of it.

Erin524 05-12-2013 10:36 PM

I have the Hug really bad right now around the ribcage, which actually feels better than having it in the lower abdomen...(don't tell my MS troll, he'll just move it)

Not sure why I'm suddenly getting Hugged around the ribcage tonight. Probably reminded my MS troll of it by reading this thread.

I just took 1/4 of a 5mg valium in the hopes that it'll calm the Hug down a little bit more me. I've been having a problem with my baclofen lately. Feels like it's not helping much at all. Making me wonder if I got a bad batch of baclofen or something when I refilled the Rx last month.

skywalker1988 05-13-2013 10:06 AM

I was just diagnosed on April 4th with MS, and had my first MS Hug on 4-17, and it was like real bad squeezing in my waist area. I've read a lot that the MS Hug is in your chest and ribcage, but mine was strictly my waist. IT felt like you were wearing a very tight pair of jeans, yet the pressure was messing up your insides.

lefthanded 05-13-2013 03:14 PM

Hugs for everybody! :rolleyes:

Me, too. Lately the area affected has expanded to the upper back. Must be the time of year???