NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   ~Happy Mother's Day~ (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/188392-happy-mothers-day.html)

MiaVita2012 05-12-2013 03:28 PM

~Happy Mother's Day~

I hope all mother's are having a good day!

My experience was I realized I like to stay out of crowds still!I thought I was ready to at least go out to eat with my family!WRONG!Way too much stimulation resulting in horrible migraine headache, stomachache, neck ache, tinnitus flare, overall SICK!

I am happy to say I am back in my cave and happy it is over!I hope everyone else had a easier day then my mother's day:grouphug:

Consider 05-12-2013 03:58 PM

I am so sorry, Mia. I hope you are resting now peacefully and in comfort. Happy Mother's Day!

poetrymom 05-12-2013 06:54 PM

Happy Mother's Day too!

Sorry the out to eat thing was not so great Mia.

We pretty much stayed in and it was good.

My daughter made me a hilarious card about the Lonely Fro -- an afro that finally finds my head.

It made me laugh so hard it nearly gorked me, but hey, if I am going to flare up with PCS symptoms, better laughing than crying.

Stay happy in your Happy Cave.

pm

tomboy mel 05-12-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaVita2012 (Post 982947)
I hope all mother's are having a good day!

My experience was I realized I like to stay out of crowds still!I thought I was ready to at least go out to eat with my family!WRONG!Way too much stimulation resulting in horrible migraine headache, stomachache, neck ache, tinnitus flare, overall SICK!

I am happy to say I am back in my cave and happy it is over!I hope everyone else had a easier day then my mother's day:grouphug:

Same thing happened to me. Stress is not our friend even on a holiday. I hope you are feeling good.
TM

MiaVita2012 05-12-2013 09:33 PM

Where I Am

I am in the mist of rehabilitation and I really thought I could handle today lol!

~Well I did not and I found being sarcastic is better than depression in this illness along with my other illnesses from accident~

***Where I am at in my rehabilitation, I found I kind of have a reset button if it makes sense?**For example today I was in a BAD condition that I have not felt in about 4months. I came home took headache med, did some meditation breathing, and went to sleep. I woke up 2hours later and felt a lot better but not like this morning @ my best. I call it my reset to a lot of my bad day's that happen from time to time.When I was not in rehabilitation my reset took days***So I have came a long way:D

It is these situations that make me APPRECIATE the quiet rest more than ANYTHING. After I woke I sat outside for 20min and watched a wild brown tail-Jack rabbit!LoL! The little things that are so entertaining lol. I ended up throwing some carrots to the little guy. Like I said I like my happy cave better than the fast pace stress on a holiday!

I been going over my journal and this weekend was a total curve ball from my last weeks of journal.

Hope this makes some sense :grouphug:

DFayesMom 05-13-2013 08:53 AM

I hope your surgery goes well

I was just thinking of you and hoping everything goes smoothly for you today!

MiaVita2012 05-13-2013 10:55 AM

Thank you DFay.I appreciate the kind words.This surgery was a hard decision but it is best.So I'm off to the appointment to get this done.
Hope everyone's Monday is managable Mia

MiaVita2012 05-14-2013 07:23 AM

I Made It threw friends

Well it was a pretty easy procedure and the pain was manageable in consideration I have been in chronic pain for 2 years almost.:grouphug: