NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   Lost my Dad Feb. 25 (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/188722-lost-dad-feb-25-a.html)

KathyWP 05-18-2013 10:28 PM

Lost my Dad Feb. 25

Missing him so much. He died of throat cancer. He found out in August of 2012 and did not tell us. I asked him why and he said we had a lot of time that was happy and had he told us we would have just worried. My sister and I cared for him from Dec. 28 until he passed. A great father and my hero. I miss him so much. Just wanted to mention him. Thanks.

Jomar 05-18-2013 11:49 PM

So very sorry for your loss.
It sounds like he was one of those special fathers.
:grouphug::grouphug:

KathyWP 05-25-2013 03:52 AM

He was a special one.

Thank you for responding. He always checked on us and when at his sickest he patted the bed and comforted my sister and I. I miss him so very much. Amazing Dad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 984694)
So very sorry for your loss.
It sounds like he was one of those special fathers.
:grouphug::grouphug:

Kitty 05-25-2013 07:51 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, Kathy. :hug:

I lost my Dad in 2005 and there's not a day I don't think of him. I'm so grateful for these memories I have of him.

It does get more bearable with time but the "missing" never goes away.

GladysD 05-25-2013 03:01 PM

Sorry for your loss :hug:

I oft wonder, if the waiting to tell children, is the ultimate attempt to protect us, as children. My mom, didn't tell me, that she was going through testing for cancer, nor tell that is was stage 3. Lost her 3 years ago.

:hug:

ginnie 05-25-2013 03:31 PM

Hello Kathy

I am sorry for your loss. A father will remain in your heart always. I am glad you were his caregiver. My dad died of the same in 90' My mother and I kept him at home. In time you will remember only the good, and the grief will be easier to bear. Right now though, I know how hard it is for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

JaySmitty33 07-08-2013 07:08 PM

Loved one's tend to do that when they are sick to not tell anyone to make them less worried. I know of a few people who had things wrong but did not want to tell their family. When i was 9 they didn't really tell me my grandmaw had cancer. I was to young to understand. He loved you and he just didn't want you to worry until the last minute. He's a strong man. Just be strong and try and do things that make you happy to get the sad thoughts off your mind.

gruvingal 10-31-2015 01:45 PM

I lost my Mother suddenly in 2009 and my Dad died of brain cancer this year in January. The grief of losing a parent is I think the worst thing you can ever feel unless you lose a child. Now that both of my parents are gone there is this loneliness in my soul. My heart goes out to you! I hope you can find someone to talk to. There are groups in almost every town at the hospitals and Hospice that can help. My prayers for you that you find peace!