NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Woke up in pain! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/189026-woke-pain.html)

skywalker1988 05-25-2013 07:24 AM

Woke up in pain!

So I was doing just fine up until last night. Thursday I was prescribed Percocet (5/325 mg) every 6 hours for pain from the ER. I took one at 6pm, then at 7pm took my Rebif shot. I took another one at 10pm, I was ok then, and I finally went to bed around 11pm. I laid in bed, and just could not go to sleep at all. Finally at 2am, I took another one. By 4am, I had started to have pain around my waist again, and shortly after that I went to sleep. I just woke up and I'm in bad pain around my waist. Did the medicine do this? Or is it just the MS?

GladysD 05-25-2013 09:46 AM

Maybe it's the MS Hug, isn't that why they gave you the percs?

Hope your pain, goes away...

skywalker1988 05-25-2013 09:51 AM

Well I had went to the ER Thursday for chest pain (which that is gone now thank goodness). But the week before was for the waist pain. They gave me the percs after the chest pain visit.

Kitty 05-25-2013 09:56 AM

Percocet for chest pain?????? :eek: Wow, I think I'd find another ER. Hopefully it's just the MS causing muscle spasms but chest pain needs to be investigated.

skywalker1988 05-25-2013 10:06 AM

My neuro wants me to go to my PCP to see if it's reflux that caused the chest pains since the EKG and Xrays were fine. My chest isn't hurting though anymore, but it's my waist and legs that are hurting. It feels like someone is squeezing them.

SallyC 05-25-2013 10:13 AM

Percocet is not for nerve pain either. Opiads just don't work well
for nerve pain. Lyrica may be better?

Kitty 05-25-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skywalker1988 (Post 986611)
My chest isn't hurting though anymore, but it's my waist and legs that are hurting. It feels like someone is squeezing them.

Sounds like MS. We get all kinds of fun sensations! :rolleyes:

skywalker1988 05-25-2013 10:37 AM

Yeah I'm beginning to see that. It's really weird though, I've never had "MS Hugs" only after I started taking Rebif. Why is that?

Kitty 05-25-2013 11:11 AM

Rebif doesn't treat the symptoms of MS. You'd probably have the hug whether you took Rebif or not. The hug is just one of the many symptoms of MS.

Erin524 05-27-2013 09:33 PM

The Hug isn't a very loving hug is it?

I'm apparently wearing an invisible corset right now, and there's at least one invisible boa constrictor helping to tighten the corset on top of that. I'm not really feeling the love from The Hug. Or maybe it's "loving" me too much?

@skywalker1988, I'm surprised they didn't give you a muscle relaxer of some sort. I'm using muscle relaxers for mine, but I really hate the sedative effect that things like baclofen and valium give me. I tend to use the smallest amount I can get to basically take the edge off of things. I use baclofen every night (two 10mg pills at bedtime). During the day tho, I'll break a 10mg pill into fourths, and just take a 1/4 of a pill.

I do the same thing with valium. But, I'm a lot more careful with the valium, since I don't have as big a Rx for it. It's just for an "as needed" basis. My pill bottle is full of half sized pieces and 1/4 size pieces that I've broken up. I hate how sleepy that stuff makes me. I'll put up with a lot before I touch the valium.