NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Anyone Have same sx 1yr postop TOS surgery?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/189051-sx-1yr-postop-tos-surgery.html)

16rhonda 05-25-2013 09:34 PM

Anyone Have same sx 1yr postop TOS surgery??

My Surgeon said its very rare to still have Chest Numbness from the surgery past 6 mos. Postop! Been over 1yr. & still there, guess its perm. Its very bothersome.
Wondering if anyone also has extreme soreness under clavicle, near shoulder & pain worse when lying down?
My Dr. Said I will have deep bone pain when I'm cold for up to a yr. Postop, Its over 1 yr., & still have this pain whenever I'm cold, which is a lot cause I'm under wt. I think this causes my neck to go into spasm.
Any same sx out there??

heybro 05-26-2013 12:43 AM

what does SX stand for?

Jomar 05-26-2013 12:57 AM

sx is short for symptoms
tx = treatment
dx = diagnosis

brmr19 05-26-2013 10:13 AM

yes, I still have the pain and discomfort when laying down. I do not have chest numbness, but will have numbness in side of neck once in awhile. I am 10 months post op from my third surgery on my left side.

16rhonda 05-26-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brmr19 (Post 986854)
yes, I still have the pain and discomfort when laying down. I do not have chest numbness, but will have numbness in side of neck once in awhile. I am 10 months post op from my third surgery on my left side.

Curious. Why did u have 3 surgeries on one side? They all for tos?
I have neck numb. Too when necks in spasm.
Thanks!:confused:

brmr19 05-28-2013 08:44 AM

two surgeries for tos, and one for labrum and cyst in shoulder.

fdupshoulders 05-28-2013 12:32 PM

did that surgery do anything? did they do anything else? was it before tos diagnosis?

Before my diagnosis, back in December 2012, they found a torn labrum and cyst in my shoulder. Docs told me the cyst was hitting suprascapular nerve and causing all my problems. (scapula and side neck pain)

When performing the surgery, the doc left my labrum because it wasn't in bad shape but removed the cyst and "decompressed the nerve" which I'm sure means nothing because radiologist's have since told me that there's no way that the cyst was doing anything

Quote:

Originally Posted by brmr19 (Post 987353)
two surgeries for tos, and one for labrum and cyst in shoulder.

cheryl1593 06-01-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdupshoulders (Post 987405)
did that surgery do anything? did they do anything else? was it before tos diagnosis?

Before my diagnosis, back in December 2012, they found a torn labrum and cyst in my shoulder. Docs told me the cyst was hitting suprascapular nerve and causing all my problems. (scapula and side neck pain)

When performing the surgery, the doc left my labrum because it wasn't in bad shape but removed the cyst and "decompressed the nerve" which I'm sure means nothing because radiologist's have since told me that there's no way that the cyst was doing anything

My pain with cold weather never went away....not sure if it is maybe 'cold trauma".....like my brain is just afraid of it now. I really don't think the cold and tos will ever be good together. I just moved further south:)

winic1 06-03-2013 10:56 AM

I had shoulder surgery a bit over 3 years ago. For the first several months it was just numb (my kids used to play "can you feel this?" with me, it was funny.)

then feeling started to come back. As fiery, raw, hypersensitive sensations. Yeah, it does that sometimes, they told me, it can be over sensitive at first, that's a good thing, it means the nerves are growing back.

Three years later, it is still hypersensitive. My smooth cotton shirt hurts. The tiny, loose cotton knit spaghetti strap from my tank top hurts. Forget wearing a bra, not possible. Wearing a t-shirt with a regular neck, not possible. Wearing a little, thin chain, loose necklace, not possible.

I liked it better numb. My doctors still disagree with me that numb was better. Jerks. They don't have to carry a piece of supersoft, sythetic fleece everywhere so that they can put it under the seatbelt strap, under their coat, under their soft, loose cotton shirt, under their pajama shirt so they can fall asleep finally. Not be able to choose clothing they'd like because it will hurt. Pretend to love gifts your kids give you, and force a smile while you put on that pretty little "I love Mom" pendant they got you, knowing that after an hour you can take it off! and put it away and never wear it again and hope your kids forget it like they seem to.

Numb is not so bad. Could be worse.