NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   On the Lighter Side (https://www.neurotalk.org/on-the-lighter-side/)
-   -   Went for a Hike (https://www.neurotalk.org/on-the-lighter-side/18990-hike.html)

yeahbut 05-05-2007 12:56 PM

Went for a Hike

3 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this is the place to post this but gonna put here!

I went for a hike today all by myself... love those trips some times! at a place called Parks Pond Bluff. My DBF and I go here a lot rock climbing but haven't been all winter. Just thought I would share the beautiful view from the top.

The hike is usually a 10 minute hike up a steep trail but today took me 20 minutes but I did it with only a few stops for air!! LOL

I hope you enjoy my pics....

yeahbut 05-05-2007 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is from the road looking back to were I was on top of the rock bluff.... Hopefully you can see it.

DM 05-05-2007 02:02 PM

Those pics are so awesome! Look like they came out of a magazine. Are you sure you took them??? ha Makes us remember how beautiful this country really is... thanks for sharing Char!!!

yeahbut 05-05-2007 02:14 PM

It is only about 20 miles from our home.... Maine has beautiful places right in our back yard!

I thought you were going to say you thought you might of been there.... ;)

FeelinGoofy 05-05-2007 05:28 PM

wow those are just beautiful.... Thank you for sharing them...
vicky

AfterMyNap 05-05-2007 11:05 PM

Oh, Char, Maine is such beautiful country, no doubt. The pics are great! I could spend days hiking up there (if I could hike). I just came out of the Smokies and it's always a reminder of how diverse and sublime this continent really is.

I have excellent memories of Maine, especially northern areas. It has been a very long time and I could never do now what I could back then, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of those streams and woods again.

Thanks for reminding me.

yeahbut 05-06-2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 95502)
Oh, Char, Maine is such beautiful country, no doubt. The pics are great! I could spend days hiking up there (if I could hike). I just came out of the Smokies and it's always a reminder of how diverse and sublime this continent really is.

I have excellent memories of Maine, especially northern areas. It has been a very long time and I could never do now what I could back then, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of those streams and woods again.

Thanks for reminding me.

You are welcome Cindy - and I can take you to places that you don't need to climb steep hill like this - we can drive or there are places that it is a short easy walk. You show up on my door when ever you can Cindy and I will make sure you see the woods and streams of Maine all over again - one way or the other! You are right, Maine is beautiful. Some day you will have to fill me in where in Northern Maine you were - that is where I grew up ~ only been down here on the coast for two years. Just maybe we have seen each other and didn't know it!! Noooo, forget that I would of never forgot someone like you! :wink: and that's a good thing!

AfterMyNap 05-06-2007 07:47 AM

I was just a kid, we tooled all over the place, including Arcadia NP (of course). One of the coolest things we did was in a place I have no idea of where we were. We called it "steppin' stones" when all six of us kids would go up a river on the exposed rocks.

Someplace up there we found a river that was loaded with them and my parents just let us spend the whole day steppin' stones way upstream, collecting natural artifacts and goofing around.

I wish I had known then how much that stuff would mean to me nowadays.

Ah, say, "la vee".

Chemar 05-06-2007 07:52 AM

Thanks so much for sharing those, Char :)

You do live in such a lovely part of the country!

I grew up around mountains and rivers and forest and ocean all combined and so, although I find certain benefits and beauties to living here in flat Florida (which I affectionately refer to as "The Swamp" ;) ) still I so miss having four seasons and hills and mountains!

yeahbut 05-06-2007 07:53 AM

Now I live about 25 mins from Arcadia NP but the Northern Maine woods will always be my home.... Funny you described a lot of river/streams in northern Maine in the Summer I remember many a days when me and my older brothers would go upstream hopping rocks and collecting stuff - my pockets were always full. You put Maine on your list of places to go and my spare room is all yours girl!