NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Tremors (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/190002-tremors.html)

tkayewade 06-13-2013 07:34 PM

Tremors

Yesterday I had my battery site cleaned out. I had a bad reaction to anesthesia where I could not stop shaking. Today, any time one of my kids or anyone touches my feet, they spasm. I took a muscle relaxer and it calmed it somewhat, but my original rsd site (right foot) is very painful and shaking uncontrollably. Anyway, I wondered if anyone had any experience like this?

TK

Vrae 06-14-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkayewade (Post 991961)
Yesterday I had my battery site cleaned out. I had a bad reaction to anesthesia where I could not stop shaking. Today, any time one of my kids or anyone touches my feet, they spasm. I took a muscle relaxer and it calmed it somewhat, but my original rsd site (right foot) is very painful and shaking uncontrollably. Anyway, I wondered if anyone had any experience like this?

TK

Hi Tkaye, so sorry that things are not going well for you right now. Are you taking any anti-seizure medication? I am just thinking that it would help the tremors. I know if I don't take neurontin (gabapentin generic version) i tremor like crazy.

tkayewade 06-15-2013 11:02 AM

I am. I finally talked to the dr. about it last night and he said it was restless legs. I don't think it is but I took an extra 50 mg of my anti seizure med, and an extra muscle relaxer (he told me to lol; I'm not just self medicating). It's still doing it. It's weird. I wish I could show y'all. They twitch until I go to stand up then they shake like crazy.

Brambledog 06-15-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkayewade (Post 992415)
I am. I finally talked to the dr. about it last night and he said it was restless legs. I don't think it is but I took an extra 50 mg of my anti seizure med, and an extra muscle relaxer (he told me to lol; I'm not just self medicating). It's still doing it. It's weird. I wish I could show y'all. They twitch until I go to stand up then they shake like crazy.

Restless legs was what my weird leg symptoms were called for two years before my surgery that caused the CRPS. Always sounds like an excuse to me...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it after your surgery TK, I hope you feel a bit better very soon. Must be so scary. My leg shakes sometimes when I stand up, and it feels odds, but nothing like what you're going through. Hang in there :hug:

Bram.

KathyUK 06-15-2013 03:24 PM

I'm not sure about the CRPS related after effects but I get the shivery-shakes with anaesthesia every time. I always put it down to shock (as my ops didn't go particularly routinely) but the anaesthetist of my last op told me it's very common (and that was before the CRPS diagnosis). Not pleasant though! x :grouphug:

tos8 06-16-2013 08:14 PM

Do you have epilepsy? Anytime you have surgery, it can make your brain go hay wire and trigger szs. If i have a complex or simple partial, then I tremor bad in 1-2 limbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkayewade (Post 992415)

tkayewade 06-18-2013 12:06 AM

I don't have epilepsy but I did have a seizure in April. I am having an emg/ncv tomorrow. Sooooooo not looking forward to this. Heard these are brutal on rsd/crps. Still having awful tremors. I called doctor, and never heard back. Of course. No muscle relaxers tomorrow so I'm sure it will be awful. I'm starting to wonder if I'm crazy. Then yesterday my father in laws gf told me I could walk if I really wanted to. It's like they think I'm an attention whore, pardon my French. Seriously, so now my legs are jellier than usual and I'm just not sure what's up. It started after that battery surgery and never went back to normal. This disease throws me a curve ball everytime I think I've got it close to figured out or at least manageable. anyway, I don't know anymore. I want to scream!!!

:mad:
:confused:

Brambledog 06-18-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkayewade (Post 993052)
I don't have epilepsy but I did have a seizure in April. I am having an emg/ncv tomorrow. Sooooooo not looking forward to this. Heard these are brutal on rsd/crps. Still having awful tremors. I called doctor, and never heard back. Of course. No muscle relaxers tomorrow so I'm sure it will be awful. I'm starting to wonder if I'm crazy. Then yesterday my father in laws gf told me I could walk if I really wanted to. It's like they think I'm an attention whore, pardon my French. Seriously, so now my legs are jellier than usual and I'm just not sure what's up. It started after that battery surgery and never went back to normal. This disease throws me a curve ball everytime I think I've got it close to figured out or at least manageable. anyway, I don't know anymore. I want to scream!!!

:mad:
:confused:

Why oh why do some people have to be real jerks just when you don't need it? Ignore her, she clearly knows nothing about your situation and has no conception of the kind of pain that is possible - lucky her, but she should keep her unhelpful opinions to herself! If you need to let that scream of frustration out, do it to her. Might make you feel a teensy bit better to frighten the pants off her :winky:

It must be terrifying, I so hope everything goes well and you can get some answers from this. Try to stand up for yourself while you're in there - don't let the docs and nurses tell you something you know isn't true, or talk you into something you know is a bad idea. I know it can be very difficult to say no or stop to a so-called professional, I still struggle a bit myself but I'm getting better at it. Remember that you are the only one who really knows what's going on with your body...

This leg jellification probably is connected to the SCS wires, it might be that it takes your leg nerves a little while to settle down after the SCS stimulation. Hopefully it is a temporary (long enough though :rolleyes:) problem and something that will pass with time.

I'll be thinking of you! Good luck :hug:

Bram.