NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   advice (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/190089-advice.html)

deterfuzz 06-16-2013 03:39 AM

advice

hurt my self at work picking up tire and wheel went to er doc thougt it was right trapezius strain xray neg prescribed 5mg valium 800 motrin the valium let me sleep 1 to 3 hours told to see family doc monday she thought ruptured disk ordered mri prescribed 60 mg predisone once a day for six days 10 mg valium 325 oxy- mri has been delayed for a week workmans comp slow prednisone let me sleep all night very little if any during the day should i still have the mri? i am a worry wart

Leesa 06-16-2013 08:49 AM

YES -- get the MRI for sure! And make SURE you get the MRI report for yourself, and bring it here and type it out for us. We can decipher it for you and explain it so you can understand it. Then you'll know what's wrong with you. ;) Make sure they do the MRI with and without contrast material. Ask the doc to order it that way. That way shows things better.

I'm sorry you got injured. I hope we hear from you again -- but hopefully we'll be able to explain things and it won't be TOO bad.

Take care my friend and God bless. Hugs, Lee :) PS -- don't do any heavy lifting til you find out what's WRONG!!!

Jomar 06-16-2013 12:15 PM

I am surprised that no PT was rx'd..
Work comp cases have so many extra rules & delays..:(
You may need to seek out a good work comp atty if you think this might be a very serious injury.

What is your pain level?
Did any of the drs do "hands on " evaluations or just ask question?
PTs will do a hands on - experienced ones are usually more knowledgeable on finding the cause than MDs.

You may or may not need an MRI, but if none have done hands on palpation eval yet, ask for a advanced PT eval.

You may just need some sessions of expert PT to get thru this.
PT can be for pain relieving modalities as well as rehab/recovery.
You might also look into a physiatrist -
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...47883778,d.aWM

ginnie 06-16-2013 02:18 PM

Hi Deter

Yes, please ask for the MRI. Prednisone isn't such a good medication if you can possilby avoid it do. Ask for pain medicaitons until you get your MRI if the motrin isn't working. I don't take prenison unless I am on deaths doorstep, because it effects my mood and ability to sleep. When you are injured, sleep is so important. I hope you can get your MRI soon. ginnie

deterfuzz 06-16-2013 03:59 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginnie (Post 992644)
Yes, please ask for the MRI. Prednisone isn't such a good medication if you can possilby avoid it do. Ask for pain medicaitons until you get your MRI if the motrin isn't working. I don't take prenison unless I am on deaths doorstep, because it effects my mood and ability to sleep. When you are injured, sleep is so important. I hope you can get your MRI soon. ginnie

thanks every one only a little pain and numbness in right arm in the mourning no pain during the day thought mri was a waste of time

ginnie 06-16-2013 06:54 PM

Hi Deter

I will hope that you heal with no other intervention. Be well. ginnie

deterfuzz 06-20-2013 12:44 PM

update

had mri done yesterday have cd but cant get report till i see doc tues workmans comps say there is a lot of degenertive damage but nothing acute can degenertive damage suddenly cause pain and a slight lose of balance ?

Leesa 06-20-2013 01:53 PM

Alot depends on where the damage IS. We'd have to see the report to know. I'm sorry to be so uncertain and give you so unclear answers, but like I said, we have to see the report. :confused:

I think it's weird that they can ONLY give you a copy of the report when you see the doctor. Afterall, this is YOUR record! The Freedom of Information Act makes it your record, and they SHOULD give it to you! Everyone else gets their report, and BEFORE they see their doctor -- I dont know why this place is being so difficult.

Anyway - when you do get it, you can bring it here and we can decipher it for you if you like -- and IF your doctor doesn't explain it enough for you.

Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee ;)

Jomar 06-20-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deterfuzz (Post 993854)
had mri done yesterday have cd but cant get report till i see doc tues workmans comps say there is a lot of degenertive damage but nothing acute can degenertive damage suddenly cause pain and a slight lose of balance ?

By any chance is the report on the cd too? Have you looked at it?
Is it only the images?

Are you only seeing the "work comp" doctors or can you also see a dr of your choice?

If you have DDD and then also injure yourself it could make pain/symptoms increase a lot.
Also soft tissue injuries can be quite painful too.

Did you have any pain in the area before the injury?

deterfuzz 06-23-2013 09:57 AM

try to post mri reprt three time says am not logged in i give up