NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Neck/Back pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/190282-neck-pain.html)

JoelyH 06-19-2013 07:31 PM

Neck/Back pain

Well its been really hard the last week or so...me and my husband went on a mini vaction and I was pretty much misrable the whole time...I find that no matter what i do I hurt...sitting,standing ,walking laying down...whatever the case I hurt......:mad: I use to have really good days but those are few and far between.....I go tomorrow for a pysch evulation for my stimulator for my neck and because its been more than 6 months since the last one they are making me do another one...which is ridiculious i think....I,m not crazy....I have chronic pain....I will let everyone know how that goes......

Leesa 06-20-2013 10:01 AM

Why are they waiting so long before they put the stimulator in? Since you already had a psych evaluation, why are they doing another one? I don't get it. :confused:

You should have had the stimulator long ago! :mad: They're sure dragging their feet on this. In the meantime, you're suffering!!

I sure hope THIS time, they decide to put it IN. Good grief, you need some relief, and NOW. Please keep us posted, will you? God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee ;)

JoelyH 06-21-2013 07:59 AM

Thanks Leesa for your reply...well just had the pych evaulation done yesterday so they have to submit it to the insurance and pain management dr So i,m sure by next week they will be calling me to schedule it...the thing is I have to have what they call a trial one first for 5 days to see if it works like the one they did on my back...no showers or baths for 5 days only sponge baths.....I hate that too....:mad:....They never get in a hurry about anything....Yes I will keep you posted on what happens....I am very frustrated and angry cause they should have did this a long time ago...Thanks and god bless you too.....

sfink 06-22-2013 11:53 AM

suffering

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelyH (Post 994080)
Thanks Leesa for your reply...well just had the pych evaulation done yesterday so they have to submit it to the insurance and pain management dr So i,m sure by next week they will be calling me to schedule it...the thing is I have to have what they call a trial one first for 5 days to see if it works like the one they did on my back...no showers or baths for 5 days only sponge baths.....I hate that too....:mad:....They never get in a hurry about anything....Yes I will keep you posted on what happens....I am very frustrated and angry cause they should have did this a long time ago...Thanks and god bless you too.....

Hi! Just a short note-we all know the medical community never makes pain a priority. And that really bites cause you just can't shut it off! I've morphed to the point that if miss any of the routine pain things I need to do, I end up as a useless blob of oversensitive flesh- i.e. a mild breeze blows over my arms and I hit the ceiling with 10 on the pain scale! Holy smoke! What an awful situation. All the preps for your stimulator are uncomfortable- I pray that you have a favorable outcome. The bible says suffering builds character so I guess we are all a bunch of "real characters!". The section on this site is super helpful with info/thoughts on stimulators; I have mixed feelings about it, but that's for another time... take care, sfink