NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Imbalancement after concussion (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/190966-imbalancement-concussion.html)

mrtamnus1 07-05-2013 02:37 AM

Imbalancement after concussion

Hello, so i sustained a concussion one month ago playing basketball. I got hit under the chin by a shorter player jumping up into my head, kinda like a uppercut. Anyway, since then everything has been slightly sloped to the left. Also i have had a tingling feeling in my left inner ear. I was wondering if any of you you have ever felt experiences before and how long did it take until your balance was restored. I didnt black out, loss memory or vision, and my ct scan was fine

dagma1 07-11-2013 05:08 PM

Are you under a Dr's care?

I had a concussion from a car accident 4 months ago and my balance is off, feel so dizzy and disorientated.

I'm having vestibular therapy, one of the tests was seeing how my eyes tracked moving objects and they were not reacting normally.

I'd definitely let your Dr know what's happening.

NormaW 07-11-2013 09:13 PM

Mid Line Shift Syndrome

Hi,

My concussion gave me Mid Line shift syndrome and post traumatic vision syndrome, basically what I think the middle of my face is has shift to the left. The floor seems sloped and walking is unsteady.

I am currently wearing prism glasses to correct it. I also have issues with tracking, convergence insufficiencies and issues with gaze stabilization. Anyone of these can make you feel off balance.

You can google these syndromes and see if the symptoms make sense. You need a neuro optometrist to diagnose, but just the basic concussion can make you off balance.

Good Luck I hope things get better.

Stevieb8006 07-19-2013 04:23 AM

Try the epley manuveur.

mrsmith 07-19-2013 12:59 PM

I'm at 9 months and my balance is still quite bad. Also I started getting those tingly feelings at about 2 weeks, the continued for about a week and then I started hearing a loud ringing in my ears that is still here today.

happyisme09 07-20-2013 06:23 PM

My daughter found info on Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and feels she is getting relief by sleeping on her right side since the dizziness while laying down is happening when she is on her left. It is amazing how much better she is feeling. Her concussion was about four weeks ago.

I hope you get relief soon.

MiaVita2012 07-20-2013 09:35 PM

Vestibular therapy is the best way for balance issues.I never had the epley maneuver.You need to be very careful before getting that maneuver done for your best interest.