NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Waking up shaky and tired? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/191182-waking-shaky-tired.html)

ED 07-09-2013 07:26 PM

Waking up shaky and tired?

hi everyone i have getting up shaky and tired
in the mornings, also feeling spacey as well.
The spacey feeling continues through out the
morning. What is happening is my body telling
me something, a possible pre-seizure aura? People
PCS are they more vulnerable to seizures?

ED

NormaW 07-09-2013 09:31 PM

I am not sure but it sounds like your body is telling you are doing too much. Are you resting? The spacey feeling is normal. It can go on for months but does get better.

The best thing you can do is total rest physical and mental.

Good luck I hope you feel better. Maybe someone else will have more ideas.

ED 07-09-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NormaW (Post 998630)
I am not sure but it sounds like your body is telling you are doing too much. Are you resting? The spacey feeling is normal. It can go on for months but does get better.

The best thing you can do is total rest physical and mental.
n
Good luck I hope you feel better. Maybe someone else will have more ideas.

thank u for ur response, i sleep at night, work half days, rest in the
evenings...what happened to you and was feeling spacey one of ur symptoms?

ED

Heatherr 07-10-2013 01:16 AM

I'd guess too that your blood sugar is low in the morning. You haven't eaten all night...and your brain/body is going to be extra sensitive to that now. Try eating a quick snack first thing - something healthy with simple carbs like fruit or real juice (not fake sugar!!) to get the glucose going,....then follow up as you get your morning going with a normal healthy breakfast w/ complex carbs and protein.

dagma1 07-11-2013 04:57 PM

I wake up feeling panicky and shaky some mornings, happens during the night too. I feel spacey too.

I'm guessing our brains are trying to heal (they are misfiring, as my therapist said)

I just want to lie down and rest all the time, (not good I suppose) are you resting enough?

Feel better...

anon1028 07-11-2013 07:34 PM

I wake up to shakes and tremors and my arms and legs are burning. it's terrifying and usually happens during an intense dream. one person said it could be that my brain is releasing too much norepinephrine upon waking. I don't know but I am going to see a neurologist about it because it is driving me insane. this head injury stuff sucks, lol!!

NormaW 07-11-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ED (Post 998641)
thank u for ur response, i sleep at night, work half days, rest in the
evenings...what happened to you and was feeling spacey one of ur symptoms?

ED

Hi Ed,

Feeling spacey lasted over a year. It wore off in intervals, I would all of a sudden notice a difference. It was like being wrapped in veils and one layer coming off at a time and things becoming clearer. I really felt out of control.

I am now at almost 18 months and I get more like confused than spacey.

Hope things improve.

anon1028 07-11-2013 09:15 PM

i can't believe how people have the same symptoms i have. i thought i was goinginsane until i found this site. i wish other people weren't suffering but i know i'm not alone hope we all get better.