NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Do your symptoms get better after sleep? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/192706-symptoms-sleep.html)

Vrae 08-13-2013 02:05 AM

Do your symptoms get better after sleep?

Do your symptoms get better after sleep? For me I always feel better, and symptoms are less severe after I sleep, even if it’s only for a couple of hours. It’s like sleep will re-set my brain.

catra121 08-14-2013 04:28 PM

For me...it's important to get sleep and I have felt a lot better generally once I got back to a regular sleep pattern.

However...on a DAILY basis...I usually feel WORSE after sleeping. I think it's because of the immobilization for such an extended period of time. Whatever the reason...I'm usually in more pain and have more swelling after I sleep and it's really hard to get moving again.

How's that for a complicated answer... ;)

Ccm47 08-14-2013 05:16 PM

I always feel better after sleep. The first 10 minutes or so of each day are the best. I started setting an alarm for about 30 minutes before I want to get up so I can take my gabapentin and get in my system before the I get up. This helps more than if I let the pain set in when I get ready for work in the morning.

alaska49 08-14-2013 07:56 PM

I usually feel better also after sleep, being immobilized does stiffen my joints but for the burning, throbing, and shocking pain its much better and of course then through out the day it goes back up.

birchlake 08-15-2013 10:46 AM

I think in general, sleep is one of the most important things for people that suffer chronic pain.

I've noticed time and time again that when I don't sleep well, my pain level the next day is higher. Absolutely repeatable.

Amount and quality of sleep is an absolute predictor of how much pain I'll have the next day!

Kevscar 08-16-2013 12:16 AM

No my legs ae much worse after sleep, the longer the sleep the more painful and wobbly when i wake up.

finz 08-17-2013 01:43 AM

If I am overtired, I am less able to manage the stress of chronic pain. I will be FAR more irritable, needing more meds and/or more rest, with a pain level of 6/10, than I would be if I were dealing with a 6/10, which would be tolerable, if I were well rested. The added stress can also make it more likely that my pain will get worse.

If I am well rested, at least I have the shot at a decent day.

Getting decent sleep is a whole different issue and a huge challenge for many of us.

Vrae 08-18-2013 12:08 AM

Rookie at Polling

My first time posting a poll. I wish I had set this to ask what type of CRPS you have (e.g. Type I or II, and I think I read that there's a type III :confused:). Therefore we would know if those of us who do or don't feel better after sleep if perhaps there is a correlation with the type. <sigh> :(

Brambledog 08-18-2013 05:22 AM

Lol Vrae, I had the same dilemma with mine! But I thought simpler was best to start with - judging by the difference between viewing numbers and voting numbers, I think it's hard enough for people to vote yes or no, let alone answer other things!! :winky:

Bram.

Imahotep 08-27-2013 12:05 AM

Sleep is critical for me and I always feel much better if I can get seven or eight hours of mostly uninterrupted sleep. In the morning I often feel well for 10 minutes to as long as an hour and get usually can't do a lot after about three in the afternoon.

If I could sleep about 20 hours a day I'd be fine. ;)