NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Newbie with anxiety (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/192799-newbie-anxiety.html)

Mel74 08-14-2013 06:25 PM

Newbie with anxiety

Hi, I am suffering from anxiety at the moment. I have had it my whole life but it has been controlled with meds for the past 9 years.

7 weeks ago I under went weight loss surgery and a day or two after I started having the anxiety tremors, can't eat, sleep etc

Just looking for like minded people to share this journey with.

MelodyL 08-14-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel74 (Post 1007228)
Hi, I am suffering from anxiety at the moment. I have had it my whole life but it has been controlled with meds for the past 9 years.

7 weeks ago I under went weight loss surgery and a day or two after I started having the anxiety tremors, can't eat, sleep etc

Hi hon.

I'm so sorry that you are anxious. But congratulations on your upcoming weight loss. Many of my friends have had this surgery and it really changed their lives. It's hard at first, no solid foods, then easily going back to eating. But hang in there and please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Take care and Welcome to Neurotalk

Melody

Darlene 08-15-2013 01:09 AM

Nice to meet you!!

Mel,

:Wave-Hello: It is great to have you come and be with us. You will fine a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. Please, just let us know how we can help you out. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

Pray that you will have good luck with the surgery. My husband went through that surgery last summer and has lost a lot of weight. He reach the goal in a years time.

Listed below is the forum where you will find some dear friends to help you out with anxiety.

anxiety:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum50.html

Please keep us up to date on your situation. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

judyhill 09-05-2013 05:31 PM

Hi Mel74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel74 (Post 1007228)

You are not alone! I was recently diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and this has thrown me for a loop. I am very anxious (with tremors), forcing myself to eat, have had weight loss (which I cannot afford), trouble sleeping, and for the most part, feel unwell all the time. I am trying to cope with my new diagnosis and also terrible anxiety. I have found the website ** helpful. I am starting to use relaxation techniques and have started seeing a therapist. I have also had anxiety most of my life, waxes and wanes. But right now, not in a good place. I am trying to constantly remind myself that anxiety symptoms are just that - they can't hurt me, in and of themselves. But they definitely can cause REAL bodily symptoms and a lot of suffering! Hang in there, I am convinced it will get better with time! :hug:

redheadednurse 09-10-2013 02:45 PM

Hi Mel 74

I am new here also and suffer from anxiety and depression most of my life that is worse than ever now. But I also had gastric bypass surgery 18 years ago and may be able to give some different insight as well I am a nurse**Helping others always makes me feel better.:D