NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Food Court (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/)
-   -   Kitchenaid Mixer newbie (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/193094-kitchenaid-mixer-newbie.html)

jprinz99 08-21-2013 08:00 AM

Kitchenaid Mixer newbie

Does anybody have any recipes they would share that are good for use in a KitchenAid stand mixer "newbie"? I tried to do simple brownies, then choc chip cookies ~ they all came out terrible & hard as rocks. :p

I must be doing something wrong as they were my "Go To" recipes...

thanks-

Jomar 08-21-2013 10:24 AM

I didn't think you had to use special techniques or recipes with a kitchenaid mixer..:confused:
But I don't have one so I can't give any first hand input about use...

On the TV cooking shows I don't notice anything different..

Maybe the mixing time is longer or shorter than a regular mixer?
Same ingredients as usual?
Was the weather a factor, high humidity will affect the moisture content in flour..?

Kitt 08-21-2013 01:21 PM

No problem with mine. Any recipe works just fine. You need to use the right attachment for the job. I love it.:)

jprinz99 08-22-2013 10:11 AM

Kitt- can you give me a "which attachment 101"? That or the speed could have been the problem (I guessed) or perhaps it takes less mixing time (as compared to normal of making)

Kitt 08-22-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprinz99 (Post 1009117)
Kitt- can you give me a "which attachment 101"? That or the speed could have been the problem (I guessed) or perhaps it takes less mixing time (as compared to normal of making)

Did you buy the mixer new? Didn't you get a manual with the mixer? What attachments do you have?

Wren 08-22-2013 04:01 PM

Hi Kitt --- My first Kitchen Aid was a gift in 1971 or 72. It lasted (with lots and lots of use) until last year when I bought a new one. I love those things ...... so much I bought a Kitchen Aid food processor.
You can go to KA's site and ask them anything. And I bet you can get or print a manual. It's a great site.
I think it's just www.kitchenaid.com

Kitt 08-22-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wren (Post 1009195)
Hi Kitt --- My first Kitchen Aid was a gift in 1971 or 72. It lasted (with lots and lots of use) until last year when I bought a new one. I love those things ...... so much I bought a Kitchen Aid food processor.
You can go to KA's site and ask them anything. And I bet you can get or print a manual. It's a great site.
I think it's just www.kitchenaid.com

Hi Wren,

jprinz99 is the one wanting information on the mixer. I have had one for years and a manual came with it, attachments, etc. I love mine and no problems. Anyway, it's not me who needs/wants this information. It's jprinz99.

Wren 08-22-2013 06:08 PM

Kitt - :o Now I see that. Sorry

Kitt 08-22-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wren (Post 1009222)
Kitt - :o Now I see that. Sorry

No problem Wren. But I do think that the person could print out a manual from the Kitchenaid site as you suggested. :)

jprinz99 08-24-2013 09:41 AM

Just went to the KA website (now why didn't I think of that?!?!) and it is helpful. Thanks for getting this addled cog-foggy brain back on the right track - I really appreciate it :)