NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Wierd new symptom? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/193153-wierd-symptom.html)

AZ-Di 08-22-2013 03:09 PM

Wierd new symptom?

Hi!
Many of you know i've had CRPS for 8 months in my arm and hand following surgery for a badly broken wrist. I've been through extensive P.T., 13 nerve blocks in my neck, a trial SCS, and thanks to SloRian I've been to a consultation for Calmare therapy and I'm still considering that.
I have a wierd new symptom that maybe someone knows about?
I have that "pins & needles" feeling (not new) that starts in my hand but now at times changes to a cold electric type feeling that radiates up my arm to my neck area. Then I get really dizzy and woozy for about 5 min. and gradually goes back to "normal".
I haven't changed my meds. really lately. I've cut down to Cymbalta 30-60 mg., very low,low dose of Lyrica, muscle relaxer on occasion, and Nucynta for P.T. only. I use a TENS unit about 1-2 times daily for 1/2 hr.
Any thoughts?:confused:

P.S. I have some other emotional issues going on but that's another post. A lot of that relates to a post by Bram in late March about feelilng isolated by all of this!

ALASKA MIKE 08-22-2013 03:21 PM

both cymbalta and lyrica cause this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ-Di (Post 1009183)
Hi!
Many of you know i've had CRPS for 8 months in my arm and hand following surgery for a badly broken wrist. I've been through extensive P.T., 13 nerve blocks in my neck, a trial SCS, and thanks to SloRian I've been to a consultation for Calmare therapy and I'm still considering that.
I have a wierd new symptom that maybe someone knows about?
I have that "pins & needles" feeling (not new) that starts in my hand but now at times changes to a cold electric type feeling that radiates up my arm to my neck area. Then I get really dizzy and woozy for about 5 min. and gradually goes back to "normal".
I haven't changed my meds. really lately. I've cut down to Cymbalta 30-60 mg., very low,low dose of Lyrica, muscle relaxer on occasion, and Nucynta for P.T. only. I use a TENS unit about 1-2 times daily for 1/2 hr.
Any thoughts?:confused:

P.S. I have some other emotional issues going on but that's another post. A lot of that relates to a post by Bram in late March about feelilng isolated by all of this!

Brambledog 08-22-2013 03:44 PM

Hi Az,

Sounds like a nerve misfiring, I've only had it a few times, and after getting a few together (freaked me out :rolleyes:) I found that gently massaging the area they started from helped a lot, and they gradually faded and stopped (use oil or cream so that you don't make it sore). Normally it would just feel wierd, but I think it's the CRPS added on that makes you feel horrible and light-headed. I'm on low Lyrica too, but after a few instances of these, I've not had them again.

If it lasts longer than a couple of days, I would see your doc to get checked out, just in case.

Hope you feel better very soon, all these odd symptoms just tire you out trying to figure it ll out....

Bram.