NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   TV Show ER and TOS (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/19316-tv-er-tos.html)

JAMY 05-09-2007 09:05 PM

TV Show ER and TOS

I haven't posted an update in a while and I promise that is coming soon. But I had to share this...

My recovery has involved me watching lots of movies...I got both ER Season 1 and Season 2 for Xmas and the other night finally opened Season 2...well wouldn't you know it in Season 2 Episode 2 they did TOS surgery! I had to rewind that part of the show 4 times to be sure I herd Benton say he was doing 'Thoracic Outlet Surgery' to Carter...then they showed the surgery...well Carter holding up some guys arm while Benton asked for the rib, darn word escapes my mind but it was a big chopper thing...

That episode would have aired before I knew I had TOS...

watsonsh 05-09-2007 10:06 PM

Now if only I could get George Clooney to operate on me. :wink:

I have those DVDs and will have to go back and watch.

Jensrib 05-10-2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMY (Post 97398)
I haven't posted an update in a while and I promise that is coming soon. But I had to share this...

My recovery has involved me watching lots of movies...I got both ER Season 1 and Season 2 for Xmas and the other night finally opened Season 2...well wouldn't you know it in Season 2 Episode 2 they did TOS surgery! I had to rewind that part of the show 4 times to be sure I herd Benton say he was doing 'Thoracic Outlet Surgery' to Carter...then they showed the surgery...well Carter holding up some guys arm while Benton asked for the rib, darn word escapes my mind but it was a big chopper thing...

That episode would have aired before I knew I had TOS...

I remember that episode, I pointed it out to all of my friends! I actually have a picture of me from the OR in March, and guess what. Some poor soul(or piece of equipment) had the arm duty holding - and my surgery was over 6 hours long!:p I wouldn't have minded holding Carter's hand...just would prefer to be conscious for it.:D

dabbo 05-10-2007 07:25 AM

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't want George Clooney hacking away on me :eek: (especially since he's not a doc). I'd rather have Maria Bello (Dr. Anna Del Amico), but only if she were a doc. Regardless, I'm gonna track down that episode. Somewhat unrelated, I had someone who has watched surgeries of all flavors tell me what they do to you- yank limbs around, contort them in all sorta bad positions, etc. :shudder:

finz 05-14-2007 05:33 PM

I've watched ER from the beginning, but don't recall that one (season 2 was long before my TOS problems started). I'll have to check it out.

I'm thinking Noah Wylie could distrct me from my pain for a bit :winky:

Peg24 05-14-2007 06:13 PM

You got it!

Oh you are right SHelley! George Clooney can have one of my ribs anytime!