NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   The Brain Talks forum is down again!!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/19345-brain-talks-forum.html)

MelodyL 05-10-2007 10:53 AM

The Brain Talks forum is down again!!!!

I know many of you go to that forum also.

Well, lately, you can barely get to it. The website is always have troubles. I got on yesterday only to read that EVERYBODY is having problems accessing it. And if you get to access it, you can't reply to anybody's postings.

What is going on with that site??

Anybody know???

Melody

HeyJoe 05-10-2007 12:34 PM

Maybe the brain talk site itself decided to try Second LIfe and got lost in the woods.

MelodyL 05-10-2007 01:37 PM

Yeah, and I'm sure my son is flying around in Second Life as we speak!!

lol. now that was funny!!!

Melody

mrsD 05-10-2007 01:58 PM

I can still access it....

If you click several times on the command you can read, and post.

Signing in takes a long time. Posting takes a very long time. And the index may take up to 10minutes if it loads at all.

I have stopped posting there until it is "fixed" if ever.
If you have a lot of time to kill...it is a great place to visit.

texasgeek 05-11-2007 09:29 AM

Thanks for the report. I'm SOOOO glad they are having problems. That is the ONLY time I have been scammed on the Internet and I have been on the web for many years.

I gave the admin of that web site 50 bucks for a new server, yeah right. (some time last year when it was down for so long.) Turns out the admin went and started another business with the money he received (not just from me but from many others many of whom could least afford it but wanted to help a good cause.)

I hope that website totally collapses and the admin with it. I don't mind the 50 bucks as much as I mind the fact that the admin scammed people who are for the most part DISABLED. How LOW is that?

Guess this is a good time to give thanks to the current admin of this site for coming to the rescue. THANK YOU!

MelodyL 05-11-2007 09:40 AM

If you are curious as to where your $50 went, just go to secondlife.com

You'll see the virtual reality world that was created.

My son is addicted to this virtual reality world. He must spend 10 hours a day in this place.

I went in it to see what all the fuss was about. Bored me to tears.

Oh well, it has millions of users so I guess the guy who designed it is now a millionaire!!!

Melody

nide44 05-11-2007 09:40 AM

eThe concern that they have for that site tends to have me believe
that it will take quite a while before they fix it, if ever.
It was a good place at one time, but it has been increasingly unreliable.
Here, the admins and mods seem to care for us.
I'll spend my time here, rather than at hastypastry, BT1.

DanP 05-11-2007 01:39 PM

Odd - I don't have any trouble getting into the "BT1" site. I have this in my Favorites and I get right in:

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...prune=-1&f=219

I do note that hardly anyone is posting there. Wonder why people are not able to get into the site?

mrsD 05-11-2007 04:05 PM

I also use the PN board to get in....

It is pretty fast because not many are on that board.

Other boards take a LONG time to load.... LONG TIME.

Dan, try clicking on Spinal, Chronic Pain, or Forum Feedback or Forums Home.
You'll see.

LizaJane 05-11-2007 04:36 PM

I feel the same. I gave John Lester a good deal of money, feeling it was worth paying for something I had gotten so much out of, only to have him use the money to buy land on Second Life.

<<I gave the admin of that web site 50 bucks for a new server, yeah right. (some time last year when it was down for so long.) Turns out the admin went and started another business with the money he received (not just from me but from many others many of whom could least afford it but wanted to help a good cause.)>>