NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Schizophrenia (https://www.neurotalk.org/schizophrenia/)
-   -   Hi, I'm new, and having problems. (https://www.neurotalk.org/schizophrenia/193739-hi-im.html)

Laura13 09-05-2013 08:15 AM

Hi, I'm new, and having problems.

Hello, I'm diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, and I've been doing not as well as I have been lately. I don't want to do anything anymore. It's weird, cause I'm really quite bored, but every time I think of something to do, I just can't see it as being any fun. Or I'll come up with excuses.

I'm already on quite a bit of medication, of course, so I don't know what to do. I'm going to call my doctor after this, but wanted to know if anyone here had any good ideas to deal with this.

Thanks - Laura

anneo59 09-06-2013 06:50 AM

baby steps and reaching out, Laura!!!

Hi Laura, have MH issues as well, tho not ur diagnosis. Keep posting, reaching out where you can, do something small, whatever you think you might enjoy, and getting medical treatment. You hang in there, and I'm sorry things are tough to manage right now. Hope you get some relief soon!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura13 (Post 1012476)
Hello, I'm diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, and I've been doing not as well as I have been lately. I don't want to do anything anymore. It's weird, cause I'm really quite bored, but every time I think of something to do, I just can't see it as being any fun. Or I'll come up with excuses.

I'm already on quite a bit of medication, of course, so I don't know what to do. I'm going to call my doctor after this, but wanted to know if anyone here had any good ideas to deal with this.

Thanks - Laura

Laura13 09-06-2013 02:38 PM

Thanks. I appreciate the well wishes!

GrannyPants 05-09-2015 03:52 PM

2 years have passed...

Laura13, did you ever find out how to become more involved in life? I've been having the same issues for over three years now. Utterly bored every single minute of every single day, coming up with excuses to go do something, anything...nothing seems "worthy" of getting up and doing.
Would love to hear how you worked this out over the years. Thanks!

Roberta7659 12-30-2015 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura13 (Post 1012476)

Thanks - Laura

Hi Laura.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I share your diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder, and go through spells when I don't feel like doing anything either. It sounds as though your antidepressants aren't quite cutting it. I recommend you drink hot cocoa made this way: one mug of milk, two level teaspoons of cocoa, and two level teaspoons of sugar. Don't substitute ingredients. This cocoa does not affect my blood sugar levels very much, and always puts me in a better frame of mind. Also, minimize what you eat through the day. Try a liquids diet to help you get your zest for life back: soups, iced tea, coffee, broth.

Let me know how you fare.

Love, Roberta7659:)