NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Women's Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/)
-   -   is this the place to post about Interstitial Cystitis? (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/194068-post-interstitial-cystitis.html)

Nanc 09-12-2013 06:31 PM

is this the place to post about Interstitial Cystitis?

Hello All!

I am usually on the RSD/CRPS and SCS forums, but was just diagnosed last week with interstitial cystitis and pelvic floor dysfunction. Cannot take meds usually prescribed for IC and RSD. I have been looking over the IC diet/food lists...boy am I overwhelmed! I have many food allergies and now this limitation on foods...not sure what I can eat :eek:

Anyway, just wanted to see if there was anyone else on here dealing with this who could offer some tips and/or advice.

Thanks!
Nanc

TreeLover 10-14-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanc (Post 1014222)
Hello All!

I am usually on the RSD/CRPS and SCS forums, but was just diagnosed last week with interstitial cystitis and pelvic floor dysfunction. Cannot take meds usually prescribed for IC and RSD. I have been looking over the IC diet/food lists...boy am I overwhelmed! I have many food allergies and now this limitation on foods...not sure what I can eat :eek:

Anyway, just wanted to see if there was anyone else on here dealing with this who could offer some tips and/or advice.

Thanks!
Nanc

Hi Nanc,

I've been dx'd with IC as well.. it comes and goes with me.. seems to get flared up at times when I'm run down, and with certain foods, like tomatoes, but then other times tomatoes don't seem to be a problem..?

I would recommend healing your gut.. my understanding is that food sensitivities mean a leaky gut.. google leaky gut syndrome and then consider doing the protocol to heal it. Avoid all food triggers and sugar, wheat, gluten, etc.. take helpful herbs and oils to settle inflammation, such as organic coconut oil, turmeric, maybe some ginger if you can tolerate it, and make sure you chew your food a lot before swallowing it too. And massive amounts of probiotics.. make your own kombucha tea, sauerkraut, kefir, whichever you like, but load up, and that will also help.

I hope that helps.. let me know how you're doing with it!

:) T

Nanc 10-15-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeLover (Post 1022248)
Hi Nanc,

I've been dx'd with IC as well.. it comes and goes with me.. seems to get flared up at times when I'm run down, and with certain foods, like tomatoes, but then other times tomatoes don't seem to be a problem..?

I would recommend healing your gut.. my understanding is that food sensitivities mean a leaky gut.. google leaky gut syndrome and then consider doing the protocol to heal it. Avoid all food triggers and sugar, wheat, gluten, etc.. take helpful herbs and oils to settle inflammation, such as organic coconut oil, turmeric, maybe some ginger if you can tolerate it, and make sure you chew your food a lot before swallowing it too. And massive amounts of probiotics.. make your own kombucha tea, sauerkraut, kefir, whichever you like, but load up, and that will also help.

I hope that helps.. let me know how you're doing with it!

:) T

Thank you for all the tips T! I really appreciate it and will research what you mentioned. I have been gluten free for a few years now.

Thanks again!
Nanc

gins 05-07-2014 06:47 AM

im new to this need help to post

Id like to share my story intersistal cystitus i found help with aloe vera it may not be for everone but it has helped me

Nanc 05-12-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gins (Post 1068013)
Id like to share my story intersistal cystitus i found help with aloe vera it may not be for everone but it has helped me

Hi gins! Thanks for your reply. In what form do you take aloe vera (juice, pills)??

zygopetalum 05-24-2014 09:48 AM

Try a Pur water filter for your sink so you aren't drinking chlorinated water. I was dxed cystitis cystica for years. It is a little different than IC but still irritation and that really helped me.

judi