NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   Figure Out What's Wrong With Me, Go (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/194395-figure-whats-wrong.html)

TheCondition 09-20-2013 02:31 AM

Figure Out What's Wrong With Me, Go

Okay, so every professional I have seen has ended up giving up. This includes a team of neuroscientists a top university, multiple treatment centers, and multiple psychologists. Can you guys do it?

-I am 21 years old. Male. 6'1" 180 lbs. 8% bodyfat. Very athletic.
-I have a brain tumor between my temporal lobe and cerebellum.
-I have extremely strong empathy. So much that I seem psychic. You don't have to talk for me to hold a conversation with you, even if I just met you.
-Moreover, I can predict events before they happen
-I am widely regarded in my region as a mathematical genius. I have contributed to research. I started my formal education in college and went to graduate level math courses without any difficulty, in fact, obtained the highest grades.
-I spent much time homeless as my family discarded me at 18. I was emaciated for a while. I am now very affluent.
-I cry about five times a day because I come across people in a lot of pain or with a lot of hatred and can sense it very strongly
-I am otherwise in perfect bliss. My own situation does not matter to me
-I go into convulsions occasionally, especially while doing mathematics. When I come back I am extremely confused about time, where I am, and who I am. This is associated with a severe pain in my right frontal cortex that persists for hours.

Any suggestions or questions?

glenntaj 09-20-2013 06:57 AM

Can you give us more information--

--specifically about the brain tumor?

I'm not an expert, but my sense is that many of the phenomena you claim could well be explained by it--brain tumors and the neurological connections they involve, the neurotransmitters they produce, and the like, have considerable influence on emotional lability, feelings of displacement, even, sometimes, intellectual ability (and a tumor could certainly contribute to having seizures).

ElizaJane23 09-22-2013 10:54 PM

Why is there something wrong with you?

Ok - you've got a tumor, and it mos likely causing the convulsions. That's not good, especially if the tumor starts growing. But you know the tumor is there. Most likely all your symptoms and incredble empathy, intuitiveness and learning capabilties come from the tumor causing your brain to harness much more of it's power than the average person. You have some incredible abilities. Unless the tumor starts to grow or the convulsions get to be too much - enjoy these incredible abilities! What's to be called wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCondition (Post 1016023)
Okay, so every professional I have seen has ended up giving up. This includes a team of neuroscientists a top university, multiple treatment centers, and multiple psychologists. Can you guys do it?

-I am 21 years old. Male. 6'1" 180 lbs. 8% bodyfat. Very athletic.
-I have a brain tumor between my temporal lobe and cerebellum.
-I have extremely strong empathy. So much that I seem psychic. You don't have to talk for me to hold a conversation with you, even if I just met you.
-Moreover, I can predict events before they happen
-I am widely regarded in my region as a mathematical genius. I have contributed to research. I started my formal education in college and went to graduate level math courses without any difficulty, in fact, obtained the highest grades.
-I spent much time homeless as my family discarded me at 18. I was emaciated for a while. I am now very affluent.
-I cry about five times a day because I come across people in a lot of pain or with a lot of hatred and can sense it very strongly
-I am otherwise in perfect bliss. My own situation does not matter to me
-I go into convulsions occasionally, especially while doing mathematics. When I come back I am extremely confused about time, where I am, and who I am. This is associated with a severe pain in my right frontal cortex that persists for hours.

Any suggestions or questions?

Allanira 09-23-2013 09:44 AM

Savant maybe due to the tumor? Im not a dr. But from what you said thats what it sounds like to me. Look it up. Some people with tumors placed like you have their brains "wired" differently than others. I look up weird stuff at times. I just let my mind wander and then go on the Internet and start looking stuff up. Savants sounded cool one day so I lokked them up lol.

Sweets 09-26-2013 10:29 PM

Your guess is as good as any!

You sound socially, emotionally and intellectually 'sensitive' due to the brain tumor. It also sounds like you are having epileptic or psychogenic seizures due to the same thing.

Or you really are psychic.

If your highly trained team of neuroscientists can't figure it out, then my guess is as good as yours :p