NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Looking for Answers (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/195157-looking-answers.html)

Mikep 10-05-2013 09:17 AM

Looking for Answers

Hey, I am hopeful that this Board will be able to help me locate some answers to my type of neuropathy. I do have the ever encroaching discomfort of numbing to both my feet and legs. I have been experiencing this for about ten years. My doctor has reassured me by being very clear that “stuff happens” as the source of my increasing numbness. I am hopeful there may be a better answer somewhere.
While 70, I am in extremely good physical shape. I play racquetball three to four days a week for two to two and a half hours per session.
Looking for answers.

Mike

MelodyL 10-05-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikep (Post 1019998)
Hey, I am hopeful that this Board will be able to help me locate some answers to my type of neuropathy. I do have the ever encroaching discomfort of numbing to both my feet and legs. I have been experiencing this for about ten years. My doctor has reassured me by being very clear that “stuff happens” as the source of my increasing numbness. I am hopeful there may be a better answer somewhere.
While 70, I am in extremely good physical shape. I play racquetball three to four days a week for two to two and a half hours per session.
Looking for answers.

Mike

Hi and welcome.

My name is Melody. Sometimes various things can cause neuropathy. Sometimes it's as simple as checking your B-12 Level. If you can get your hands on your most recent blood test, please post your B-12 levels. The levels given as normal ARE NOT NORMAL. You just might have a deficiency going on. It happens more than you know.

So please post here and others will jump right in and help you. I was diagnosed with neuropathy (I'm a diabetic) YEARS AGO. Numbness, pins and needles in the toes (You might not have this). I immediately went on a special kind of B-12 called Methylcobalimin. Look it up on the internet. You won't believe how good this can be for one's body.

Anyway, my last B-12 levels on my blood test were 2000. I have complete feeling. As you can see that is WAY over what the medical profession considers in the normal range. Obviously in my case, taking 5000 every single morning has helped with my neuropathy. I am not saying that you have a B -12 deficiency but why not rule it out, right? And I don't have to take the 5000 every day. I can do it twice a week. But it helps with nerve healing so I will never NOT take this supplement. And the B-12 that they sell in the health stores is Cyanocobalim. Our bodies convert this to Methylcobalimin. It's a very large molecule so when I say I take 5000 believe me my body is not absorbing 5000. Don't know exactly how much but it's not even close to 5000. That's why I take this high amount of it.

Hope to hear from you. You're not a diabetic right? Do you take statins? What meds are you on? These are important questions. Because many things can cause neuropathy.

There IS a reason. You just haven't found it yet.

Take care, Melody

Bobbi 10-05-2013 04:35 PM

Possibly nerve / disc compression re: your spine and its vertabrae. That, too, can lead to neuropathy. I'd press the doctor for a better indication of what exactly is leading to the numbness. Not having an answer is also not knowing what may help or not lead to added probs.

Stay active, though! I wish I were doing as well as you :).