NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I Took a Bad Fall (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/195238-bad-fall.html)

azoyizes 10-07-2013 09:21 AM

I Took a Bad Fall

I had a bad flare last week. I was standing, getting ready to take my Klonopin before going to bed, when I began weaving around, and my legs all of a sudden collapsed.

Pills went everywhere. Of course it was a new bottle. Luckily, Monty listens to the "leave it" command. Arnie scrambled around and picked up all the pills, then he got my lift and helped me to my feet, then helped me to bed.

I got up in the early morning to use the bathroom and fell again. Monty went and woke up Arnie, then went into the living room. I had fallen on my knees and elbows, protecting my hand that had just had surgery done on it two weeks ago. I had Arnie wheel me into the living room to my recliner. There, he helped me get dressed in sweats. He is such a good man.

I felt battered. I hurt all over my body.

I noticed that Monty had destroyed some things he plays with. Small cardboard boxes and a Tupperware cover. After speaking to a friend about him, she said that he probably did it because he felt frustrated, not being able to help me at all. Poor baby.

By Friday night most of the soreness had gone. Luckily, no bones were broken and I didn't hurt my hand.

We bought another rollator for in the house and leave the old one in the trunk of the car for when we go out. Now, I'm using them constantly when I'm on my feet.

Today, I start a 3-day Solumedrol course. My legs are still very weak, as are my arms. Hopefully the drug will help.

barb02 10-07-2013 09:33 AM

Hope the steroids help. Glad that you did not hurt your hands.:hug:

ANNagain 10-07-2013 09:33 AM

Oh, Mair, so sorry this happened -twice- to you.

I hope the steroids do their magic.

You are wise to add the second rollator.

Good dog, Monty, Good dog.

ANN

Kitty 10-07-2013 09:57 AM

I hope the steroids help you to feel better quicker. Poor Monty.....he wanted to help but felt helpless. :( He sounds like a good doggie.

jnewk 10-07-2013 10:17 AM

Mair,

so very sorry to hear about your relapse. But glad to hear you have a wonderful team on your side! Monty....wow what a great dog! so much love. poor baby.

Glad the falls didn't result in broken bones....I've injured my pride because of falls more than I've broken bones....neither feels very good. The rollator sounds like a good thing for you.

Please take care and feel better soon

janet

SallyC 10-07-2013 10:48 AM

Aww, so sorry Mair. Hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.
Quick...have Monte do something for you and then praise him
to high heaven..:D. Bless his sweet heart..:hug:..pat pat!!!

NurseNancy 10-07-2013 04:23 PM

i'm so sorry to hear about this. i hope the roids help stabilize you.
what a beautiful dog. is he a black lab? how old?

what a great guy too.

Natalie8 10-08-2013 01:16 AM

Sorry to hear about your fall but glad there are no broken bones. Sounds like you have a great dog and man! Feel better soon. :hug:

jprinz99 10-08-2013 11:40 AM

I feel badly for you all. Hope the roids help! Monty has been a long and faithful friend and wonderful service animal. As you feel better, his spirits will too. Glad to hear the hand didn't get messed up.

Wish I could figure out how to send a giant electronic magic pill for the three of you!

Hang in there, as this too shall pass:hug:

ewizabeth 10-08-2013 12:24 PM

Wow, I'm so glad you didn't break any bones! God bless your dog and your DH for being there for you. It is much better to use the rollator than risk another fall. Be careful and I hope you'll heal quickly. :hug: