NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Vyvanse to replace adderall for MS fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/196172-vyvanse-replace-adderall-ms-fatigue.html)

ewizabeth 10-24-2013 12:29 AM

Vyvanse to replace adderall for MS fatigue

I got a trial prescription for Vyvanse from my new doctor and so far it is great! It stays at a more level dose in my system and there is no nausea like there was with Adderall. I'm hoping it will not be too expensive with my insurance but I am thinking this will be essential for me since it works so well for MS fatigue. :)

ewizabeth 10-24-2013 09:45 PM

It only works if I get a good night's sleep and I don't overdo it. I expected that anyway because if it made me do a lot without a lot of rest it would be detrimental in the long run. I got a month supply for free so I will see what I have to pay for it next month. :confused: As long as I'm working and have good insurance benefits I should be able to get it though.

Most doctors should have the coupons for the trial month for those wanting to try it.

Kitty 10-25-2013 08:09 AM

I'll be interested to see what the cost is, Wiz. I need something (besides coffee) to give me some energy. I only have Medicare for insurance so I'm hoping it's an affordable option. I hope it works well for you! :)

ewizabeth 10-25-2013 08:10 AM

I have a feeling it's expensive because the coupon saved over $200 for a thirty day supply.

Kitty 10-25-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewizabeth (Post 1024593)
I have a feeling it's expensive because the coupon saved over $200 for a thirty day supply.

:thud:

Good thing I enjoy my coffee! ;)

Snoopy 10-25-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Hi Wiz,

I don't remember Vyvanse being quite that expensive but it has been quite a few years. Both my daughter and myself tried Vyvanse. Neither one of us found it to be helpful.

But if you remember I have posted many times that simulants make me more tired :eek:

I hope Vyvanse works well for you and that it is cheaper than what you think (fingers crossed).

ANNagain 10-25-2013 12:29 PM

Darn, it's another amphetamine (lisdexamfetamine) which I can't take.

I'll be stuck drinking coffee w Kitty.:)
ANN

SallyC 10-25-2013 01:50 PM

Waaaaaaaa, I can't have either Coffee or Amphetamines . I'll just
stick with my LDN, Prozac and afternoon naps..:D

Sparky10 10-26-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Yikes! That's a sure sign of it's price though. Maybe because you're getting it off-label? Or does your Dr have a way to prescribe it for MS fatigue?

Hope you find a way to get it inexpensively!

ewizabeth 10-26-2013 11:02 AM

Right now I have good insurance Sparky. Even the time release Adderall XR was $30 per month in generic form.

Ok, I just got the label out and it says the retail price (at Walgreens) is $233.39 but they applied the coupon so I still don't know what my cost will be. But it works so much better I'd be willing to pay more for this than the Adderall.