NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Liquid mucuna now available...fyi (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/196659-liquid-mucuna-available-fyi.html)

lurkingforacure 11-03-2013 03:44 PM

Liquid mucuna now available...fyi

Like many, we get our mucuna powder from Banyon Botannicals...it is in the USA, organic, and comes in 1lb bags.

I noticed recently they now offer a liquid mucuna extract. It's pricey, but I ordered it to see if it worked any differently....

So far, it does not seem to be any better than the powder in terms of symptom relief, although it is easier to take (1 dropperful in water), and doesn't have the unpleasant (to us) flavor of the powder.

For us, the powder works in less than 15 minutes. We have not noticed the liquid extract being any faster, which we thought it might. But it's handy to carry, and much easier to take if you have an emergency...like suddenly going off, and trying to get the powder into your fluid receptable, mixed, and then taken...liquid would be much easier. Just FYI for all those interested in mucuna.

We're waiting next for the inhaled version of mucuna:)

reverett123 11-03-2013 10:15 PM

Liquid MP concentrate! What a charming idea!

One of the things that I like about mucuna is it does come on fast. That could be very important in some circumstances. Although I would suggest calling it Mucna Concentrate just to differentiate it from other forms, the Ldopa at a minimum is water soluble. As many former chemists as we have around here, it should be a piece of cake to rig up a small distillation setup (I hear my old Grandpa calling out, "It's a blamed still, I tell you!" ) Although since it is water soluble it might work out as a cold water process. Throw in a bit of Vitamin C to try to keep from everything turning black.....I think that I would feel much more secure with a nasal spray bottle of it in my pocket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurkingforacure (Post 1026623)
Like many, we get our mucuna powder from Banyon Botannicals...it is in the USA, organic, and comes in 1lb bags.

I noticed recently they now offer a liquid mucuna extract. It's pricey, but I ordered it to see if it worked any differently....

So far, it does not seem to be any better than the powder in terms of symptom relief, although it is easier to take (1 dropperful in water), and doesn't have the unpleasant (to us) flavor of the powder.

For us, the powder works in less than 15 minutes. We have not noticed the liquid extract being any faster, which we thought it might. But it's handy to carry, and much easier to take if you have an emergency...like suddenly going off, and trying to get the powder into your fluid receptable, mixed, and then taken...liquid would be much easier. Just FYI for all those interested in mucuna.

We're waiting next for the inhaled version of mucuna:)