NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Why are some days worse then others? (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/19683-days-worse.html)

Pamster 05-15-2007 09:31 AM

Why are some days worse then others?

I wish I knew, but today my leg is really aching...Some days it's not this bad and I hardly notice it, but days like today really stink because the knee and the shin just ache and meds don't touch it. Is it like this for you too? Good days and bad days? *sigh* I wish it wasn't hurting so much today, but what can you do but try to ignore it and not move too much. :(

jena1225 05-15-2007 09:54 AM

Hey Pam! Sorry your having a bad day! I was just telling DH the same thing this morning and was thinking about posting, but you beat me to it!

I had a pretty ok weekend, with "tolerable" pain. But Sunday night it started up, then eased up yesterday, and today I am in bed doing NOTHING! Had to take a BT pill already by 9am (I do get up at 5 tho :rolleyes: )

Anyway, yes I can relate, as mine comes and goes usually throughout the day, and with no warning. Hope ya feel better! Lay down until it passes maybe?

Eppy 05-15-2007 10:48 AM

Hi,
I always wondered about that too. Why are some days worse than others and nothing else had changed. You did as much or less than the day before and yet you have no legs because the ache is so bad. Pam, you are not alone in your thinking. I hope things are getting better for you as the day goes on.

((((hugs))))

Luanne

Pamster 05-15-2007 11:30 AM

Thanks Jena & thank you Luanne. I figured I wasn't alone in thinking about this question. I am about to take the mid day meds and hope they knock out this pain. Unfortunately I have to go shopping in a bit and it's really hot outside. I wish you both good days today, I hate that so many of us live with chronic pain, but it's a fact of life. :p

Thanks for the replies and the kind words. :)

fiberowendy2000 05-15-2007 12:39 PM

Oh Pam, I know that feeling oh too well. It seems the day you are active you are fine then something like 5 days later you are wrecked for a week. Predictability goes out the window with people like us!
As Bruce Lee once said "Be like water," AKA go with the flow.

Curious 05-15-2007 12:55 PM

(((pam)))

i tend to over do it on my good days. then back to the bad. heck..i over do it on my bad days. this monkey will never learn. :o

what really sucks is that on the good days my family thinkds i'm fine. whoohoo...she's cured! :rolleyes: they don't understan that the pain level that day was only a 6. then they expect me to do everything i could before.

fiberowendy2000 05-15-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 99861)
(((pam)))

i tend to over do it on my good days. then back to the bad. heck..i over do it on my bad days. this monkey will never learn. :o

what really sucks is that on the good days my family thinkds i'm fine. whoohoo...she's cured! :rolleyes: they don't understan that the pain level that day was only a 6. then they expect me to do everything i could before.

Totally with you there my monkey friend!

Curious 05-15-2007 10:29 PM

makes it hard to stick to a diet huh wendy?

some days...something rich and gooey is all i have to make some part of me feel good. and boy does it make my mouth and tummy happy! my hips hate me later..but oh well..i ain;t speaking to them this week. :p

crytears 05-16-2007 03:13 AM

cuz....

5 Attachment(s)
You ask "Why are some days worse than others?".....

ans: Because! They just are! And today was one of them!
And I'm feelin like carp.....not the goldfish either! I mean the brown smelly kind!
Today I am soooooooooooo peee-dressed....thats dislexic for depressed!
And I dont know why?....well lets see...shall we pick one of the tradgedys I've expereinced in my lifetime?
Why am I feeling so depressed?
My husband is out of town...and I had my gramonkey with me since Sunday eve....and I've been busy shopping for fun things...but my house is a mess and I hate messies!
And I've eatin everything inside and outside the refer!:eek:
Nothing on TV intrest me....oh I'm just havin a yukky yukky day...am worried bout my mom too...she has ALZ, was doing just fine, then Sunday she was really really bad....didn't make enough sense to talk on the phone with me:eek: Now that was worrysome...maybe its that.
I'm worried about other things as well...oh well.
Thanks for reading my uplifting post! Cheryl
pictures describing how I feel today!

fiberowendy2000 05-16-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 100123)
makes it hard to stick to a diet huh wendy?

some days...something rich and gooey is all i have to make some part of me feel good. and boy does it make my mouth and tummy happy! my hips hate me later..but oh well..i ain;t speaking to them this week. :p

Yup! Even on the bad days too! Food....the ultimate friend!:D