NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Thursday Roll Call (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/19835-thursday-roll-call.html)

fiberowendy2000 05-17-2007 08:10 AM

Thursday Roll Call

Morning all!
Well after an afternoon of thunderstorms and rain it has finally cooled down quite a bit in these parts! It dropped 20 degrees in about 4 hours. Unfortunately it looks like it is going to rain into the weekend, which means no racing this weekend. Oh well! Todd is not going to be a happy camper. He hasn't raced in two weeks and is getting itchy to go. Looks like it won't be this weekend.
I am feeling better and have started all over again in my "D" and now that my back procedure is done am walking again. Only 10 minutes or so a day, but I am working on it day by day.
Billie, as I type is at her appointment and I hope she checks in after.
Have a great day everyone!

froglady 05-17-2007 09:48 AM

So glad you are walking again Wendy...you have a lot on your plate and I don't mean food! Bless your heart you need a rest from pain and a good vacation. Or maybe a couple new torties! Hugs and double hugs! froggie

fiberowendy2000 05-17-2007 10:24 AM

Froggie....as we speak one of my torties is exploring the kitchen.:D

snoozie 05-17-2007 10:57 AM

Good morning all, I am meeting up with my sister today to go shopping. There is an outdoor mall here that I have been wanting to see. It is on the hoity toity side of town so I better act like I have some class ha ha:D

Not much time today but I wanted to say that I hope that we all get better. We need to start fresh and get our minds and bodies on a good track. I pray that we all will feel younger and healthier with each and everyday.

See ya later gators...Sue:grouphug:

Fancylady_2006 05-17-2007 12:22 PM

I survived the Dr's appt.~

I made it threw my appt., but it wasn't easy. On top of everything else, he brings another practing doc in with him.:eek: He was nice to me, but told me I had to come back in, next month. He ordered all kinds of blood tests and my BP was high. I took my sugar before I went and it was 141 with no eating today.:eek: Not good at all!

He suggested talking to someone in their office about grief and also the diet person. They never made me any appts except to see him, and I didn't mention it either. I have things coming up and had no calendar with me. It looks like I will let it go for now. I can watch my diet & get back into aerobics. I can get Hospics involved with grief couseling too. I don't think it will do a bit of good. I know whats wrong. I am just lonesome. if I join the "Y" again I'll be with my friends. I am going on a small trip with them Sunday & Monday. It will be a good chance to bring it up. One is a RN too.

I didn't come back home, but went to another town to get me a brace. Then had to call Dr again to have them fax a script. I guess my ins. will pay for it.

Well, I better go for now. Thanks gals for your support.:grouphug: I really appreciate it so much.
Love,
Billie:)

befuddled2 05-17-2007 03:18 PM

Hi Everyone.

Wendy, are you glad to get the rain like I am glad here to be getting it?

Billie, i am lonesome too and I think that is why I fall so easy for men.

I am depressed today and want to sleep and sleep the day away.

befuddled2

Fancylady_2006 05-17-2007 04:39 PM

Hi befuddled~

I am so mad at my doc. His nurse called me and said they had closed my file on the computer and wouldn't open it up for a brace, since I didn't mention it during our visit. I mentioned the degeneration in my spine and asking for arthritis meds, which he wouldn't give me. She said he may want me to have a different kind of brace. I told her it is written right on there, I can't take it back. All I needed was a script, he wouldn't do it. Now I have lost all the way around. They charged me $10.00 more for billing my insurance & told me they would remburse me for. Now I called the dr's office from the brace place, why couldn't she tell me then? They gave me the results from my test already. My sugar wasn't high. It's 6.5 & another test I don't understand. When she mention me going to a dietitian, I said, they didn't make me an appt. I told her never mind.

If I knew of a different doc I would change, for sure. trouble is I don't want any they have around here. None are real doctors, & would be working under this one anyway. I will see my back surgeon before I will have another appt with this doc anyway. He would of done this for me, if I would have just seen him today. He always puts on the script, patient can have her on choice. After all, I am the one who wears it. I didn't want to wait 3 weeks or I would have not bothered this doc.

Befuddled~ I am sorry you are depressed too. Wish I could do something for you, Froggie, and Wendy, & Sue. We sure have have things to frustrate us, don't we?
_____
BC

befuddled2 05-17-2007 06:15 PM

:hug: Billie,

Sometimes people who we depend on for services can be nerve wracking. I feel for you. Usually what helps me is a good night's rest and I feel better. I'm glad your sugar was not high. Why the dietician if you BP and sugar is not high?

befuddled2

Fancylady_2006 05-17-2007 07:25 PM

Befuddled~

My BP was high. He didn't do nothing, because he thought maybe it was a reaction to the physcal. (maybe it was). I don't think he knew what my sugar was going to be. I told him I hadn't been careful, because I had been eating ice cream. I don't know why he made the commit to the nurse of me going to see the dietican. (I'm not, cause they didn't make the appt.) I need to stay away from there before I say something I will be sorry for. I have an eye appt next week there.

Your right, a good nights sleep will do wonders. Thanks for reminding me. I do get worked up kinda easy. I hope you have a good night also. Thanks for being there for me.

It sure has been cold here today. I am sitting here tonight with my jacket on, in the house. I just turned the furnace on.
-----
BC:)

befuddled2 05-17-2007 09:14 PM

:hug: Billie,

My night is getting better, I think.

befuddled2