NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Botox for TOS (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/198365-botox-tos.html)

husky601 12-09-2013 01:34 PM

Botox for TOS

Hi,

I would like to know if someone ive try to inject Botox in their shoulders? Also i would like to know is what it exactly does as reaction?Thank you

Alexis

Eight 12-12-2013 01:59 AM

[QUOTE=husky601;1035513]Hi,

I would like to know if someone ive try to inject Botox in their shoulders? Also i would like to know is what it exactly does as reaction?Thank you

Alexis[/QUOTE

Nope, but they do it in the anterior scaleable muscle, not the shoulder. What state do you live in? The place to go for this is John Hopkins from my research.

husky601 12-12-2013 09:09 AM

Hi,

thanks for your info. I am in Canada so im gonna have to go see someone to see what they think about it and may be try it eventually.

Alexis

Jomar 12-12-2013 05:42 PM

we do have some past post about botox & other injections - marcaine etc..

the search tool should find them easily for you..

jkl626 12-12-2013 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=Eight;1036266]
Quote:

Originally Posted by husky601 (Post 1035513)
Hi,

Alexis[/QUOTE

Nope, but they do it in the anterior scaleable muscle, not the shoulder. What state do you live in? The place to go for this is John Hopkins from my research.

I had it done in both scalenes,pec minor and all the shoulder muscles. About 6-8 different muscles They cant put too much in the shoulders as it can make you get droopy shoulder. I had a bad reaction and it didnt work for me. You need an experienced doc that uses ultrasound or flouroscopic guidance.

cyclist 12-14-2013 12:33 AM

I was told its dangerous to put Botox into the shoulder muscles. While they have recommended doses, its still hard to tell how your muscles will react to the botox. If they inject too much botox - then your shoulder can 'collapse' onto your brachial plexus and cause more compression and problems....

I was also advised never to inject both sides at the same time -- for safety reasons. The botox can potentially spread to accessory breathing muscles or swallowing muscles. If you only do one side at a time -- you are sure to have the other side working properly.

Msudawg89 12-14-2013 04:59 PM

Botox

Quote:

Originally Posted by husky601 (Post 1035513)
Hi,

Alexis

I guess it works for some people but Botox has made my TOS worse. I will never have Botox again. The first time I could only hold my head straight up or resting on my chest. This lated over three weeks before I could control my head. I then had injections a year later in the shoulder. I have had my should taped with KT tape for a year now because I can't hold my shoulder back, it droops. It never stopped the spasms. If you go ahead with Botox, I hope you have better luck.

Jomar 12-14-2013 05:59 PM

Botox is a toxin and that is a definitely concern...

Perhaps ask about other injections mixes with marcaine, Novocaine...etc might be a better option and of course using imaging to get proper placement.