NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New To Forum, But Not New To MS! (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/19847-forum-ms.html)

dshesq 05-17-2007 10:31 AM

New To Forum, But Not New To MS!

This is my first post to the forum. Some of you may recognize my screenname from other forums.

I'm here because I understand that it's a safe, open and honest forum in which I can express myself within the bounds of decency without fear of reprisal. I'm here because this forum has been recommended to me by other members who are very happy with it.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a former labor & employment lawyer who is now disabled. I've become a full-time soccer and other sports mom to my two teenagers. DH and I have been happily married for 19 years.

I have a variety of interests with photography being my primary focus now. If my children are in a sporting event you will find me on the sideline with my Nikon D70S. I have about 30,000 pictures stored on my computer, most of which were taken at sporting events! I've also been known to be a NASCAR and Indy Racing League junkie, but am equally comfortable taking in the Impressionist exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.

I spent five years in limbo before being dx'ed on December 8, 2003. It was a long and windng road, along which I learned a lot about this disease and the diagnostic process. I often share my experience, hoping that others can learn from it and perhaps avoid the lengthy process I went through to get my dx.

Since my dx I've gone from RRMS to SPMS. I started out taking Avonex (how I hated those huge needles!) and am now on Rebif because my lesions continued to grow and my symptoms got worse while on Avonex. I am now a Rebif convert, not simply because the needle is so small, but because it has actually stopped the progression of my lesions since I started it.

I'm anything but shy. I won't hesitate to offer an opinion or advice. If I disagree with you, I'll let you know in clear but respectful terms.

I'm looking forward to participating in the NeuroTalk Communities.

Ceci 05-17-2007 10:34 AM

Hiya Darah...

I remember you from MS World. Good to see you again.

Be well,
Ceci

ewizabeth 05-17-2007 10:35 AM

Hi Darah,

It's good to see you here! :) I remember you from MS World. Lots of the members there are bailing out lately... This is a very nice forum, I joined awhile back.

My MS neuro speaks highly of Rebif, I'm glad you're doing well on it. I'll be starting with Tysabri soon, and hope to get good results and keep working for a longer time, as well as enjoy life more than I have in the past five years or so...

Curious 05-17-2007 10:37 AM

:Cowgirl: well howdy :Wave-Hello: fellow texan. :welcome_sign: to NeuroTalk.

i'm pretty close to dfw airport. i'm looking forward to getting to know you. if i can be of any help, let me know.

Snoopy 05-17-2007 10:39 AM

Hello Darah,

It's great to see you here.

I have always enjoyed your discussions and look forward to more of them. You did hear correct ~ this is a safe, open and honest community.

I have always been very impressed with the way this community is run.

Welcome:hug:

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-17-2007 05:23 PM

Darah! What rock did you crawl out from under? Nice to see you here! ;)

DM 05-17-2007 06:05 PM

Well, I too remember you Darah!!! WOW.... it's great to see you..

Look forward to hearing more from you..... really good to see your post!:)

AfterMyNap 05-17-2007 06:32 PM

*kicking dirt*

Nuts. I don't know Darah.:( But I plan to know her!!!:)

I admire your grammar and punctuation very much, Darah!! The others are correct (except that lunatic, DM), this is a great community and I welcome you as your fellow newbie!

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-17-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 101142)
*kicking dirt*

Nuts. I don't know Darah.:( But I plan to know her!!!:)

I admire your grammar and punctuation very much, Darah!! The others are correct (except that lunatic, DM), this is a great community and I welcome you as your fellow newbie!

(psst - she's an attorney)

You will like her AMN, she's like way cool! She and I did a Thelma and Louise show on another forum! LOL! ;)

DM 05-17-2007 07:12 PM

I know someone AMN doesn't know..... hahahahaha

Stay away from her Darah... She's certifiable.... ha