NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   VIDEO: Elliot Krane - The mystery of chronic pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/198675-video-elliot-krane-mystery-chronic-pain.html)

Vrae 12-15-2013 10:23 PM

VIDEO: Elliot Krane - The mystery of chronic pain

It's only about 8 minutes but I thought it was pretty good, especially for someone new to CRPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6--CMhcCfQ

Brambledog 12-16-2013 04:18 AM

Thanks so much for posting this Vrae - It's a really good explanation......but.....

I wish he had mentioned the name CRPS/RSD itself.
I wish he had said that an awful lot of us suffering from this disease DO NOT GET BETTER.

It's lovely that Chandler got well enough to do a back-flip, but most of us don't get that level of recovery, our pain is not managed, or bodies do not heal themselves. This talk would leave anyone who didn't know about CRPS thinking that it could be treated fairly easily and we could be back to normal if we just did this intensive physio programme.

In terms of explaining our complex pain system clearly, top marks, good man. In terms of raising any kind of awareness about what this thing can do and does do to so many of us, and how impossible it is to manage, and how much we just want some understanding and tolerance....I'd have to be more stingy with the marks lol :rolleyes:

Bram.

Vrae 12-16-2013 09:37 AM

It was something I found with regard to chronic pain and not CRPS specifically. I should have prefaced that. Sorry. Besides, I've been on some pretty heavy drugs in the last 24+ hours, so I should probably watch it again and see if it is something I should have posted here at all.

ginnie 12-16-2013 10:36 AM

Hi Vrae

Very good video. It did educate, and now I know how CRPS presents. It helps me to help others. thank you so much. ginnie:hug:

moosey2me 12-16-2013 12:24 PM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrae (Post 1037414)
It was something I found with regard to chronic pain and not CRPS specifically. I should have prefaced that. Sorry. Besides, I've been on some pretty heavy drugs in the last 24+ hours, so I should probably watch it again and see if it is something I should have posted here at all.

I want to thank you..It was interesting..If you find anything else please post..:)

Brambledog 12-16-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrae (Post 1037414)

Don't apologise Vrae! I was just being picky due to being in a bad mood myself...:rolleyes: It was very interesting and definitely to do with CRPS - I thought from the description he gave of the girl's arm that it was CRPS, but to be fair he didn't specifically say so, I think I just thought he should have named it ;)

I'm glad you posted it, anything new about the whole subject of chronic pain is interesting...

Thanks, Bram.

Vrae 12-16-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brambledog (Post 1037464)
Don't apologise Vrae! I was just being picky due to being in a bad mood myself...:rolleyes: It was very interesting and definitely to do with CRPS - I thought from the description he gave of the girl's arm that it was CRPS, but to be fair he didn't specifically say so, I think I just thought he should have named it ;)

I'm glad you posted it, anything new about the whole subject of chronic pain is interesting...

Thanks, Bram.

It's all good... I understand where you are coming from. Hope you're having a good day!

Brambledog 12-16-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrae (Post 1037508)
It's all good... I understand where you are coming from. Hope you're having a good day!

Not really Vrae my little ray of hope, it's been a terrible day in all sorts of ways...but things are calming down now and I just hope I get some sleep. Otherwise the crazies will be here for me in the morning! :winky:

Hope you're doing ok today chick :hug: I know it's been rough for you recently too.

Bram.

catra121 12-16-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrae (Post 1037337)
It's only about 8 minutes but I thought it was pretty good, especially for someone new to CRPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6--CMhcCfQ

My dad actually emailed this video to me a couple years ago. Even though they don't name the condition...I was pretty amazed at the accurate description of how painful to the touch everything feels in my RSD areas...and that my dad found this and saw it and passed it on to friends and family to give them a better understanding of what I was going through.