NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   MS: what symptoms do you have?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/19913-ms-symptoms.html)

InHisHands 05-18-2007 07:11 AM

MS: what symptoms do you have??

Hello!

I just was wondering, if you or someone you know has MS, what are your/ their symptoms?

Do any involve circulatory problems/ skin color changes?

Thanks in advance!

SallyC 05-18-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InHisHands (Post 101395)
Hello!

I just was wondering, if you or someone you know has MS, what are your/ their symptoms?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, I've learned that anything can be a symptom of MS, but I haven't heard of those particular sx being a part of MS.

It doesn't hurt to ask though. Welcome and thanks for the question.:)

doydie 05-18-2007 11:08 PM

One of my leg sx could be mistaken for circulatory. I have to be really careful how tight I tie my shoe or it really feels constrained and it feels so much better when I take my shoe off. But there is nothing at all wrong with the circulation in my leg or foot. Also it really goes numb if I sit to long, like in a movie.

MSacorn 05-19-2007 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doydie (Post 101911)
One of my leg sx could be mistaken for circulatory. I have to be really careful how tight I tie my shoe or it really feels constrained and it feels so much better when I take my shoe off. But there is nothing at all wrong with the circulation in my leg or foot. Also it really goes numb if I sit to long, like in a movie.

That feeling of having tied my shoe too tight is what first brought me to a neurologist. Only after tightness around ribcage appeared did I have a LP and MRI to get my dx. That was 4 months later, and 10 years ago.

Too this day, I hate to have shoes on and some socks make me nuts. It's all MS, and not in my head.
Beth

april 1 05-19-2007 09:49 AM

hi

when ever I cross my legs for even a short peirod of time the one on top will get numb. when I rest my head on my hand and prop my arm on somthing my hand will go numb. now I have had this in the past but my body had to be in that position for a long time, now it is only a matter of seconds and I go numb. I thought it was circulation but I've been told it's the ms. good luck.

Penny Lane 05-21-2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InHisHands (Post 101395)
Hello!

Thanks in advance!

InHisHands, I was intersted in your message asking about circulation and skin colour change because every once in a while (it has only happened a few times) the bottoms of my feet and my toes turn a little blue. These days seem to be when I'm experiencing a lot of numbness and very cold feet. So I to wonder if it could be something more severe with the circulation or if this is a MS symptom. I don't know the answer, I've tried researching it and have come up with nothing. So I'm also interested if others experience these symptoms. I once found an ad on the internet posting seminars about MS and one of them did talk about blue feet. However, it didn't give any info on the topic and the seminar was already passed.

kami 05-21-2007 07:47 AM

Hi! Yes, skin color changes. The cold, anything below about 68F can
make my fingers turn blue, then bone white. There is a name for this, and
some people get it painfully bad. For me, hands in a sink of warm water
will clear this up.
oh, it's Reynaud's Syndrome. Sometimes linked with other auto immune
diseases besides MS. ttfn

SallyC 05-21-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kami (Post 102752)
will clear this up.

This is so true Kami, I had forgotten about that. Thanks for posting this.:) Welcome!!

And Welcome to Penny.:)

Penny Lane 05-22-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kami (Post 102752)
will clear this up.

Thanks Kami for the information about Reynaud's Syndrome, I will research this to learn a little more about it.
Penny