NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Arnold Chiari Malformation & Syringomyelia (https://www.neurotalk.org/arnold-chiari-malformation-and-syringomyelia/)
-   -   Arnold Chiari Decompression Surgery (https://www.neurotalk.org/arnold-chiari-malformation-and-syringomyelia/199236-arnold-chiari-decompression-surgery.html)

songbird69 01-01-2014 09:25 PM

Arnold Chiari Decompression Surgery

I had Arnold Chiari Malformation type 1, I had the decompression surgery on November 6, 2012 ... During surgery my muscles in my head began to tare and my surgeon had to cut them, this has been the most difficult part of recovery for me. My headaches are gone, however I do tire more easily.. I'm really glad I had it done... My head feels numb sometimes and I do have a headache now and then, but nothing like before the surgery...I was able to return to work 5 weeks to the day mysurgery was done.. I still am healing and its been just over a year, it's bittersweet.... I would do it all over again , it really helped...

sam2012 03-06-2014 05:41 AM

You are not alone.

Hi

You are not in all of this. Wow! That is wonderful that You are doing much much better after Your decompression surgery. I am glad Your headaches are gone now. Im sorry that you are tiring so much though. I too have had decompression surgery for my Arnold Chiari Malformation. I had my Surgery in 2000 with the insertion of two more shunts. I have since had further surgery in 2008 (had bad seizures after the op and put on a ventilator for 3 days) and another two operations last year for the repair of my shunt and replacement of a Metronic Valve. I had further seizures again and couldnt speak, read or write or understand for about a month thereafter. But with the help of friends and family and prayers, i am doing better and better each and every day. I would love to meet other people in the same boat.

Thank You for Your message on Neuro Talk.

Have a wonderful Day ahead.

Take care,

Samantha

terrabella 07-22-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songbird69 (Post 1040828)
I had Arnold Chiari Malformation type 1, I had the decompression surgery on November 6, 2012 ... During surgery my muscles in my head began to tare and my surgeon had to cut them, this has been the most difficult part of recovery for me. My headaches are gone, however I do tire more easily.. I'm really glad I had it done... My head feels numb sometimes and I do have a headache now and then, but nothing like before the surgery...I was able to return to work 5 weeks to the day mysurgery was done.. I still am healing and its been just over a year, it's bittersweet.... I would do it all over again , it really helped...

Hi , I have to have this surgery done on August 5th, 2014 I am very scared can you please help me with my fears on this surgery.