NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   January and Michael (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/199940-january-michael.html)

Alffe 01-21-2014 07:35 AM

January and Michael

"You know we walk around (if we're able to get up off the floor) half crazed for months...sometimes years after someone we love kills themselves. I truely believe we aren't responsible nor capable of caring for ourselves or anything else.

So much of that first year is a blank in my memory...I tried to go thru the motions of life..tried to do what I had to do because I wasn't the only one who was suffering but I'm really not sure what went on because I really, really wasn't "here".

That will only make sense to someone who's survived it and you must survive it but please be kinder to yourself....you will emerge from this fog,,
granted you will be different than before but you'll be ok. Give yourself
time and lower your expectations"

From a very old thread posted many years ago. So grateful for internet friends who reached out, pulled me from that black hole. Michael will forever be missed but he lives in our hearts. :Heart:

FeelinGoofy 01-21-2014 12:35 PM

You are an amazing woman Alffe, so full of wisdom and strength. <3 {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

FeelinGoofy 01-21-2014 12:35 PM

You are an amazing woman Alffe, so full of wisdom and strength. :heartthrob: {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Abbie 01-21-2014 01:36 PM

All I can say is.... :hug::hug::hug: you never fail to amaze me Alffe!!! Never!!!! Your strength keeps us going even when I know you too are feeling down. Just amazing!!!!

:hug:
Abbie

Mark56 01-21-2014 08:26 PM

Thank YOU for that Strength

It takes so very much not only to live the situation but to share with others. You, Alffe, are quite a Blessing to all here because you call that strength up from the fibers of the fabric whence you are woven.

HUGZ for you at this time of re-examination, of thought, of sharing to help us through times you know so well. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Wren 01-22-2014 01:52 AM

I quote Mark ......
"You, Alffe, are quite a Blessing to all here because you call that strength up from the fibers of the fabric whence you are woven."
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Alffe 01-22-2014 06:03 AM

I am humbled by your kind words dear friends. I never thought I would survive michael's death and remember walking around the cemetary with a loaded gun. Today, because so many of you talked me down and helped me up, I am at peace with this..thank you hardly seems adequate.. :grouphug:

DMACK 01-27-2014 04:40 PM

You truly are a Suvivor Alffe and Mr Alffe

David